Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wooden rear panels are in

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by James90, Jun 10, 2000.

1. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I got my rear panels in yesterday they look good and fit good too I used 11/32 ply wood and traced the old ones so they would fit good then I mounted my fire exstisher my mag light and next some way to mount my shot gun up and down I am (tirey of laying it in the back seat when I go hunting)I am going to get it line-xed later this summer so now I have a strong base for the line-x.

I am going to get my rocker panels line-xed monday I thank it will look cool and hopefuly stop me form geting eney rust

Thanks James

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I hope you're taking lots of pictures of every step so you can enlighten us.[​IMG]

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

3. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

More specifically, please take pictures so we can see.

BBone 85'K5
    Wilderness Roof Rack in the winter, Skyler in the summer...

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I've thought about putting in wood side panels and hinging part of the panel so I could easily get access behind it. Seems like that would be a great place to hide your guns out of the sight of prying (and thieving) eyes. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

<font color=red>YES PICS DUDE[​IMG]

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Like Depdog said
    Do you watch Titus?
    WUSSY
    I don't need no stinking side pannels! Really on my 75 the only interior pannels are the doors. No carpet. nothing to hurt and it cleans up with a graden hose. Runs topless from late April to early Novembers. No interior means less places for water to sit and rust. The fact of the matter is it really doesn't look that bad once you get the brackets out for the side pannels and weld the holes shut where they were. Now on my 79 thats a different sory...Hmm I guess I'm the wussy! hahaha I'm looking for some 90's seats for the front and then making new side pannels and buyning new coverlay door pannels and a new dash pad. The carpet is still debatable. I plan on Line-X ing the 75. If it works out well the 79 may get the same. Garden hose cleaning sure beats the vacume cleaner! No stains in the carpet when the kid drops her candy!!!! Who cares if you step in a mud puddle getting into the truck! It will hose out.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

8. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I really care about what my jimmy looks like. I am in the process of saving for dana 60 and 14 bolt detroit lockers and i just installed my 4 infinty 12'' perfects. Hey do you think anyone has ever had 4 batteries in there car? I think I set a record!

Bigger is Better
    Cameron Burnett
    82 Jimmy

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thats the strangest looking 82 jimmy I've ever seen. I want to see you take the top off

10. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I think a compartment for things like towstraps and jumper cables would be cool. I'd like to do the same for my rig.

http://www.blazer.coloradok5.com is now under construction[​IMG]
    YEEEE HAWWWW[​IMG]

11. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I will try to get some pics as soon as I can ge some film or one of those digitel camers I will put them on my web site when I them. I will try to keep you guy up dated on my blazer thanks you guy are great.

oh my web site is www.trailblazer.coloradok5.com It sucks right now I have not got a chance to work on it good.

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean