Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wooden rear panels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by James90, May 26, 2000.

1. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

Have auy of you made and/or put wooden panels in the backs of your blazers? Do they work good? I would like to put sheet matel but it cost to much and is to hard to work with hand tools. so I thank i am going with wood it is a lot easyer to work with.

P.S. **b** put a sound off on the Non 4x4 issues that we sould all look at and remember this week end...

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

2. paul_cfh

paul_cfh Registered Member

i plan on doing just that (i think it would look awsome) but have no idea how i'm gonna do it ........i have a few ideas but still thinking about it .........it will be awhile before i do it .............let me know how you do it though

[​IMG]<font color=blue>where the road ends the fun begins</font color=blue>[​IMG]

3. jakentn 83k5

jakentn 83k5 Registered Member

my panels were shot in my k5..went to local hardware & bought 4x8 1/4in masonite like material..man there told me water wouldn't hurt it..laid my old panels on top of it & traced it...cut out with jigsaw & drilled holes for screws...I also located me a door in the back & mounted cd changer in it..worked pretty good..

4. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I am going to build mine out of 5/8" ply wood that door sounds good I am thanking about makeing door panels and a new console to put my CB CD player CD changer and CB amp and maybe an over head console but that maybe to hard to make. if I do I will try to get some pics.

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

5. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

Okay for all you lazy folk I am selling some stuff I have made.. I made a big ole red oak console for the blazer that has a whole that will fit a radio or cb in and it has a fold up back so you can get in it... Its pretty darn big.. I am asking $75 for it cuase I used $60 or so in materials and my work and time count for something.. I also made some wooden side panels outta 3/4 inch AC plywood they both have cutouts for 4x10 speakers in the rear with 6x9's in the front. There is a storage compartment in the front passenger side and another in the rear drivers side.. they fit flush and the one has a shelf in it. The drivers side even has the factory ash tray in it.. The whole thing is covered in black duplicolor bedliner. Both sides so it won't rot when wet.. Really nice things. I am asking $100 for them cause they are nice and took awhile to make and I have already $70 or so in materials in them

Call me at 815 824 2465 or email me to find out more info

<font color=red>Zack Carlson</font color=red>
    <font color=yellow>Carlson@thestix.net</font color=yellow>

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

These pix have been posted in the Audio section for questions about woofers in side panels. Check them out, made out of 5/8" particle board covered in matching carpet to the rest of the interior (from Cheyenne Pickup Parts). Have a pair of 10" MTX Thunder woofs in there and 6x9 Clarion's.........no rattle, thump pretty good, and beat the hell out of the factory ones........

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Here's another view of the front section. Notice it doesn't go all the way up to the door like the factory ones do. Made it easier to re-mount the seat belts and easier to seal the air gap for the speakers.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

8. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    I made these out of underlayment,, (sub floor)

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

9. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

Nice Blazer! =)