Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

woohoo got a raise

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Dec 18, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Well one of the guys on my team at work got fired. He gave his two weeks notice after going to a job interview at 2pm on friday. Boss looked at the time card and realized what happened, told him to punch out and leave. So that means I will have some more work for a little while.

Anyway, I guess when he noticed that little detail on my teammates time card he decided to review mine, and realized the large amount of time I put in vs, the little time I make. He asked my team leader and service writer about me. Both of which gave me glowing reviews and said I try hard and want to learn but am discouraged by the lack of work and money. So the boss calls me into the office. Summarizes all of this for me. And offers me a $3 an hour raise :D. He said we will get together again in 30 days, and maybe look at moving to the "next level", more money maybe? I don't know.

So I had a perma-smile all day long. Not to mention I have had 3 jobs already this week, one that pays crap. One that pays pretty good, and one that pays awesome. By the end of tomorrow I should have 20 hours for the week :D. Hmm I don't actually hate my job for once.

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

NICE!

that is a hell ova raise too! maybe working on **** cars will all work out in the end, lots of time for fab!:waytogo:

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Hmmmmmm.........I believe I told you a long time ago that your time would come. And looky what we have here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that you just got AT LEAST a 15% raise. :thinking:

Anyhow, all gloating aside,:wink1: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Your hard work is finally startting to pay off, and now that you've been "noticed" by the boss, things will start getting better from here on in.

Good for you, brother!!! :thumb:

4. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    CAn only say one thing, hard work really does pay in most cases.
    well, and good for you!

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

:waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: Congrats $3.00 Hr ain't(OOH:eek1: he said ain't) chump change.
    Glad to hear things are going well.:D Bosses ain't(there it is again:crazy:) always stupid.

6. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Did you tell him that $3.00 an hour raise was too much and you'd settle for less. :D

Congrats man, always nice to hear about the good stories.

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Good for you Allan. Thats a good raise in anyones book. I got just a few more years than you in the working world and from what I have seen over the years nothing can impress a boss like good attendance and being on time. Learning the ropes will come in time but you have to be there to learn them.

8. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

3$/hr. Damn thats great. So you work partime, and go to school then, what kind of work?

9. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Right on man! :waytogo:

10. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

are you hourly? if so, the next step may be flat rate, thats what they did to me, i went from 8.50/hr to 10/hr for about 2 months then to 13.50 flatrate, dont think they expected me to turn 70hrs a week once i had the motivation to do so, keep their heads spinning and GOOD numbers turning and they'll keep their pocketbook open!!

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm flatrate as it is, have been the majority of my time there. I'm starting to get the hang of the job enough that being flat rate doesn't kill me anymore.

Attendance... I've only missed like 2 days since I've been there, and one of those I requested off. Show up on time... I need to work on that. I walk in the door at like 8:03 everyday... when I am suppossed to be working at 8. However I usually stay at least 30+ minutes after we shut down. I was there until 7:30 last night and tonight. And probably will be tomorrow as well, though thats so I can get some side work done on my present female counterparts car.

12. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Cool beans man! Glad to hear things are working out for ya:D

13. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

good things come to those who wait..mostly SWEET bro!!!