Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WOOHOO!! My Bender has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Emmettology 101, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

The UPS man just dropped off my Pro Tools MB 105 tubing bender!!!!!!

Now to build and stand/cart and I am set!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to use it for the first time! They even included a video!

WOOOHHOOOOOOO!!!!!

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Damn you, Damn you, and oh yah, Damn YOU!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Actually thats pretty sweet. Thats the one I'm 99% sure I'm going to get with the tax refund. What all did you purchase from pro-tools and how much did it all come to if you dont mind me asking?

I too can't wait to get started. I have a buddy who designed a stand for his, here is a SolidWorks drawing of it, if this helps. I know the stand is cake to do, but this might give you an idea anyways.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps and congrats on the new bender.

P.S.
    One thing you should be aware of is the top mounting plate was drilled for a JD2 bender in mind, I'm not 100% sure if the pro-tools has the same mounting measurements so if you model after his stand, then adjust for the pro-tools mounting.

Also the height should be adjusted to where it's most comfortable for YOU (the person using the bender).

3. Emmettology 101

Thanks! Actually, the bender came with a drawing very similar to that for a stand!

I ordered all my stuff from Alan at www.RockBuggySupply.com I got the bender and a 1.75"x6"x240* die. The bender was $250, the die was $210 and shipping was around $62... (I think thats waht the prices were, if not they're very close!)

I think I am going to go with a moveable cart with a cherry picker hyd. cyl. for mounting. THat way I can move it around and also move it out of the way.. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. Emmettology 101

BTW, Alan was great to deal with and I got my Bender in about a week(maybe a day or two more) straight from Pro-Tools in Tampa.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Yah I've heard nothing but good things about Alan myself. Question: Did your bender which you paid $235 for, come with the degree ring? I notice the bender is advertised at $250, did Alan give you a deal?

Thanks for the help..

6. Emmettology 101

Oopppssss.. I made a mistake, the bender was $250.... SOrry.. And No, I didn't get the degree ring.

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

schwing!!! considering a rollcage/bumper building trip to illinois??? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. Emmettology 101

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I am sure we can work something out! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

You'll love it....I've got the same one, and love mine!

The dies can eat-you-alive costwise...I bought 3 of the 240* ones, plus the HD bender and stand and it got pricey, but now that I have it all I don't care anymore.

The only thing that I wish they had done at the factory was weld on the little "spacers" to hold the forming block in the correct position with the die. Fortunately I have a welder and already bought tubing, so it wasn't hard....but it's such a small detail that I wish they'd have done it themselves.....

Eat your Wheaties!.....you're gonna need it.

10. Emmettology 101

Ah yes, I did see in the instructions that you need to weld on that spacer. Kinda weird that they wouldn't have already done that.
    I got the 1.75" die this time and my next one I think will be a 1" for interior stuff.