Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

woohooo lift came in the mail today

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DUKE, Jun 5, 2002.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Yup got the 4inch kit from rough country in the mail today, way faster than i thought seeing how i ordered it monday. I thought i would try to get started this afternoon, but i couldnt get those bolts to budge, even though ive been using that pb liquid wrench stuff. No big deal i borrowed a biger wrench and a bar to get more leverage, i would cut the ubolts but dont have anyhting that will do the job. Any other hints to make the job easier before i get up tomorrow to get to it?

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats /forums/images/icons/smile.gif make sure you post before and after pics /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

i will find someone to take some pics for me dont worry =) so long as i can get those D@#N u bolts up

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Use a Craftsman 1/2" beaker bar with 4' of pipe slid over it. Then if you break it they'll replace it for free. Just wrap some tape around the breaker bar handle so it won't show you were using a cheater bar on it. I've broken big rig bolts torgued to 600 ftlbs like that. It helps to have someone to set the socket back on the nuts for you. When you first get the bolts to move they howl and squeak but a half to full turn and you can switch to a ratchet. If you have access to a 3/4" drive set it's even better. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif