Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wooo Hooo, I found some S10 Cab's!

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by Mudzer, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Wooo Hooo, I found some S10 Cab\'s!

I had been looking at one Extended cab S10, but am unsure if I want to drive all the way to Southern Illinois for it, but found some really cheap elsewhere. I can get a 1998 S10 regular cab for $250. I think I might go for the regular cab. I wanted extended but I don't think it will go with my wheelbase and allow sufficient setback. Im still game for the newer body style though.

I'll post pics when I get the cab. Project "Roll Yo Belly Momma" is getting ready for kickoff! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Going to roll that K5 right offa my frame! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Re: Wooo Hooo, I found some S10 Cab\'s!

Have ya got much info on the mods needed like building new cab mounts. Im looking into doing a major revamp on mine and a new body might get thrown in the mix.

3. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

I'd say go with the x-tra cab like the one in the pic on CCC. You'll appreciate the room later!

Make the deal for the one in Illinois and I'll go pic it up and deliver it to your door!

4. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

I've had a couple S10s and I agree with Todd. I think you'll kick yourself later if you put a regular cab on there.

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Yeah guys you are right, the only problem is wheelbase. I measured an Extended Cab S10 newer body style and its nearly 11' long. That means the rear of the cab would be over my rear tires! I would have to notch the cab a little. It is a possibility. Maybe I should consider the older squared body style - the cab is a little shorter. If I can sell my bumpers and get the guy in IL to commit on the 96 S10, I'll go that route and do what I "gotta do" to get it to work.

Matt, I haven't researched it much, but I have heard its not hard at all to make new mounts. The Extended Cab's have 4 body mounts under the cab and the floor is pretty flat on them. Should be very easy, but I'll have to get creative with cutting a huge hole in my floor for the T-Cases. I plan on using a Blazer center hump with removable tunnel cover for my project.

Im definately getting creative with tubework inside the cab. I'll make a "console arm rest" out of tubing like Watson has. I will put grab handles on this so there will be no grabbing the roll cage during a rollover. I think I'll remove the gauge panel and install my Autometer gauges in there. I still want the heat ducts and such to work for the cold days.

I've already started talking the "Wife" into buying parts for Valentines day and my Birthday! Wooo Hoo!

My list has started:

Afco Aluminum Radiator
    Summit 20 Gallon Aluminum Fuel Cell with sending unit
    Autometer Mechanical Speedo
    Autometer Fuel Gauge

6. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

As you know I have a 98 extended cab if I didn't I would have got rid of it a long time ago. No room in a regular cab. I am trying to talk the wife into buying a fullsize 2004 chevy and put my 3 door sanoma on my blazer now that its paid off.