Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

woot woot!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryoken, Feb 25, 2005.

1. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yay! my noise nazi neighbor moved! so glad to have that *sshat gone...

whiney liberal from Comufornia... told the guy when he moved in that i occasional make noise working on the truck and if i was bothering him to please stop by and let me know and i'd gladly stop... well, this weenie apparently wasn't man enough for that and called the cops on 2 occasions, once on a sat at 6:30 pm and on a sun at 6:00...

the cops where cool and just asked if i could keep it down to save them and me a headache... i always thought you could do whatever ya wanted up till 10 pm.. pretty sure thats the law if i pushed it...

think he moved due to the handicapped guy that lives on the other side of him tho.. heres what a jerk this guy was... Joe, the handicapped dude was having a 4' picket fence put up on the property line, this guy wouldn't let the workers on his property and they had to nail the pickets up hanging over the fence! :eek1: :mad:

anyways, hopefully someone cool will move in... maybe even a gearhead, but i doubt it, the house has no garage... anythings better than that spineless jerk..

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Law doesn't really matter in that kind of case. Cops have to show up cause they get the call, if they don't show the person would get angry with them and you and try and get vindication. Its the way people like that are. We had a nasty old woman for a neighbor(not next door but next to them) and every time we burned a pile of leaves or a stack of old lumber she would call the cops. Mind you it is perfectly legal where we live to have a burn pile. In town its not legal, but the border of town is a 1/4 mile away and we can do it. The cops showed up every time she called, it got to be almost a running joke for them. They'd show, let Dad know they got the call and know its legal but you know the crazy old lady and then they'd leave. She'd see they came and they'd be off the hook, she still hated us but there was no pleasing her. Our neighbors had chickens, she complained(also legal to have), they said they were ours(dick move). From then on she would call us all the time and tell us to get our chickens out of her yard. She'd never believe they weren't ours. yeah lady we let our chickens wander all around the block :rolleyes:

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

haha, thats comical... some peeps got nothing better to do than b*tch...

yeah, no animosity on my part towards the cops.. i know they need to do it.. i know a couple of em, good guys...

funny thing for me is i made a ton of noise downstairs for years before he moved in.. i have the garage as soundproofed as i can get. its cinderblock walled, the compressor is boxed and wrapped and all my windows have house insulation over em..
    what bugged me the most is i tried to preempt any issue and nicely told him to just stop by and let me know but he just had to be an arse...

boy, wish i could burn leaves here, i get a ton... ;)

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

My "neighbor" (2 miles away) lets chickens run right next to the highway

I'm always afraid one will trash mye new car, then I'd have to execute every chicken in sight

5. 85scottsdale

85scottsdale 1/2 ton status

We live on 3 3/4 acres and nobody seems to care what I do, even running air tools late into the night, I guess my neighbors are pretty cool to put up with us running loud dirt bikes and quads around and running impact wrenches and all kinds of air tools sometimes till 11pm.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

neighbors I have now are great. Last fall we broke in dad's race car motor at like 10 o clock. 10 O clock at night you hear a 353 with straight pipes, 11.5:1 compression and a lumpy cam fire up, its not music to everyones ears when it gets held at 3k for a while. They were cool with it though :D

7. 85scottsdale

85scottsdale 1/2 ton status

I enjoy hearing people do that! Except i'm the only one around here who seems to do any work like that. And I had full exhaust on both my truck and my friends Z28 when we did cam break ins.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

my neighbor to the right has a late 60s chevelle(I don't know them that well) that sounds pretty sweet, but I think it mostly stock. And the one to the left has a little VW bug(he is like 6'5" too) that is all hopped up. So I guess they are pretty much gearheads.

9. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

I was here first and if my nieghbors don't like living next to 27 dogs in kennels they can leave. If thier dogs stay out of my yard they don't bark to much. Besides i'm not the idiot building a $200,000 house accross the road from someone with 16 kennels in thier side yard and 2 primer 4x4s. But what ever they want. I'm even nice enough to let them use the mud hole on the lower side of the yard if they want.:screwy: