Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Words can't describe it...

Discussion in 'New England Region' started by Chevy305, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Let me just say I am extatic because I am going to go see Eric Clapton :saweet: :woot: at the TD Bank North Garden on October 4th!

Since words can't describe how pumped I am so I think the smilies will have to do:

:D :D :p: :bow: :bow: :cool1: :grin: :grin: :waytogo: :waytogo: :thumb: :saweet: :saweet: :saweet: :saweet: :woot: :woot: :woot:

2. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

i wanna go

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Clapton = guitar GOD!

Clapton is cool!..He's a GOD on the guitar!..I grew up liking many of his tunes,like "Let It Rain","Layla",and In A White Room" (Cream)!..my dad HATED the "Cocaine" song though..:rolleyes:

I've never been to any of his concerts though...last time I went to a rock concert was way back in the mid 1970's when Areosmith first started touring--it was at a speedway in Westboro MA,an outdoor concert--I was about a 1/4 mile from the stage,and about halfway thru the concert,I got hit in the head with a whiskey bottle..I saw stars,and had to leave early because I was bleeding...thus endeth my rock concert going...:mad:

I wish the "Tweeter Center" would have more country acts--I'm only 10 miles away from it,and I'm tired of having to go hundreds of miles to see the country artists I like..always end up going to Mohegan Sun,or other venues in CTand RI..or to Lowell,or Webster ,to Indian Ranch..they have tons of good rock concerts at the Tweeter Center (also known as Great Woods),but hardly any country shows there...

I wanted to see the Allman Brothers there,but no cash to go a week ago--Willie Nelson and John Fogarty were there a few weeks ago--on the same day I was at one of Rhonda's concerts in CT!..:doah: --seems like all the good acts come the same day around here!..

It wasn't until 1990 that I went to a few country concerts,and really started getting into it again..this led to a near addiction ,and I ended up going to Fan Fair in Nashville 4 times during the 90's!..I met many of my favorite female stars there,and at their fan club parties..I've become friends with a few--Kathy Mattea,Suzy Bogguss,Holly Dunn,and Rhonda Vincent..

I'm bumming today,because I should have been in Brunswick Maine to see Rhonda yesterday --it was her last concert anywhere in New England until next June in CT..so its gonna be a long winter!..:(

But I hope to see Pam Tillis sunday at Lincoln Park in RI sunday night,and a friend is giving me a ticket for one of Kathy Mattea's concerts at the end of this month in Plymouth NH!..I'm hoping I can buy a ticket to her show the day before in Barre VT,and make a road trip/leaf peeping concert tour out of it all!..:laugh: ...

But I still hope to live somewhere closer to the concerts I like,and where little snow falls--like Nashville!--someday maybe,but for now I'm stuck in the "black hole" of country music--otherwise known as MA....the few good country acts that come here usually sell out fast,or are at the other end of the state!..:(

4. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I talked with a friend of mine the next day that was there...said it was pretty freaking great!

5. Chevy305

Well, I'm not much of a country music fan. But CLAPTON, F*CK YEAH!!!

There have been a ton of awsome concerts this summer, I wish I could have gone to at least half of them. My mom did see Peter Framton this summer. :saweet:

I almost went to CSNY at the Tweeter Center this summer and it was $115 just for lawn seats :eek1: :eek1:. I wasn't about to fork over that cash for a sh!tty lawn seat. :mad:

6. diesel4me

no fun tonight....

Well,the Pam Tillis concert is cancelled due to the crappy weather!--and last week Trisha Yearwood cancelled all 3 of her shows in MA and NH--Garth Brooks ,her husband,lost his older brother last friday,so all the shows were cancelled..:(

So thats TWO concerts I wont get to see now!...GRRRR!:mad:

7. Chevy305

Well that kinda sucks :rolleyes:

8. diesel4me

typical!...

Yup--just par for the course,living in "Suckachussetts"..! :(

9. Chevy305

:haha: :haha: :haha:

you speak the truth!! :bow:

10. diesel4me

truth hurts!..

Yep--have to be a "sucka" to live in "Suckachussetts"...:surepal: :doah: ...

Really--what do WE have here that makes homes worth 350,000 bucks anyway?--the roads SUCK,the lack of legal trails SUCK,and too many anal laws on emissions and lifts that SUCK...6 months of weather each year that SUCK...too many illegal immigrants SUCK...more junkies than normal people here SUCK...High taxes and low wages SUCK..Road raging morons here SUCK..and Anyone can marry here!..
    thats why I gave our "Gay State" a new name!..:tongue1:

11. Chevy305

We should move to Canada :ignore: :yikes:

Just kidding eh? :p:

But really I think that I should move to New Hampshire where you can actually smoke in a bar. :(