Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

work rant... hate halfass work

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 55Willy, Sep 24, 2004.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

[rant]
    I work for a company who reps for lighting and electrical goods(about 30 lines). My main two focus is to get distributors to stock our stuff and to work with thier project people in getting us on the bids for jobs.

Before I started it was just one guy who did all the above and had to visit all customers(including Montana) well I was hired on to share the work load and to do the lighting side while he focused on the power side( hubbell, myers, fed/pac..etc)

Well with the way the summer was for bid jobs we were putting out 2-3 bids a day. we did more the 2 weeks in Aug then we did all of July...heres where the problem starts.

When we weren't listed on the engineers schedule we have to cross everything over to our brands and provide a quote to our customers. well the guy has a tendency to just " go for close" and rush through em. Well the bid that this week of hell has been dealing with is a resturant that is scheduled to open for christmas. And off the 11 or 12 fixtures that the other guy crossed 7 of em were not good enough. so we had to redo em. and now of those 3 of em are still not good enough. So I'v been trying to get everything striaghtened out between all parties involved and to make a good name of the guy who did the half ass work to start with. and theres nothing like trying to do that with only half the info or not nowing why or how the guy picked what he did.

it's my boss who has been doing the half ass work too and he is also my brother,LOL

it's just been a stressed out week and he is causeing [censored] that doesn't nee dto be happening if he had just done it once and done it right. And he wonders why he is always stressed out and haven heart problems.

[/rant]

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I feel your pain, man. the lovely human beings I work with call in 10 min before their shift to say I am not comin in, no replacement no excuse nuthin! really messes up the whole schedule for everyone I'm sick of the APATHY! WHAT HAPPENED TO GENERATION X??? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. stick

stick Registered Member

i work with a guy who gets angry when the job that he is on doesn't go fast enough . my boss has gotten to where he only sends me out to chase leaks or the real technical stuff. for this guy there just isn't enough time to do things right, so i have to find the time to do them over. he wonders how come his raises always suck.i'm not perfect and i do break an occasional part that causes a return trip, but i try to take the time to do it right. i must not need as much time to smoke cigaretts as this guy