Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

work sux!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CAROLINAK5, Nov 17, 2001.

1. CAROLINAK5

CAROLINAK5 1/2 ton status

here it is, 5:30 in the frigin' morning and i've already logged 3 hours of work. THIS SUX!!!!!! man, i thought saturdays were for sleeping in only to be awakened by two rowdy kids?
    and to think,i get to do this on sunday also. hopefully i'll get out in time to get to the 11:00 o'clock service.GOD knows i need it after this sucky a$$ week!
    thanks for letting me vent.

when all else fails..............HIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Sux to be you. J/K [​IMG]
    I just got off work and I am waiting for it to be light enough to go start working on my rig.

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

3. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Sucks, here they just laid off 15 people. None from my division, but rumor has it we are next.

Please not me!!

Ken H.

'86 K5 up and coming
    14 bolt(Detroited),10 bolt,39.5 Boggers rear,
    TSLs front, 468 BBC, 350 trans, 205 transfer
    Rust free in Michigan!

4. Tell me about it! It is 6:20 am and I have been here for twenty minutes. I just bought a "new to me" rear end last night and wanted spend Today cleaning it up and installing it. Oh well, I am the boss and could leave anytime I please. It's good to be the King.

God has a hard on for Marines, because we keep Heaven chock full of fresh souls!

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'm with ya bro!!! This is Week 15 of the academy and here I am another early Saturday morning waiting to leave to sit on my butt for 8 hours. We've been going non-stop for all these weeks and of course some of us are wanting to choke the ever loving you know what out of some people. We get our first weekend off next week, then go for a couple more weeks then have Christmas off.

Bubba Ray Boudreaux,
    "If I had wanted a plastic ride, I'd married Pamela Anderson."<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1>http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1</a>

6. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

In about an hour it will be light enough to see and then I wil start on mine.
    Did I mention that I am doing this outside and it is raining?
    Oh well at least it is 43* out.

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

7. BASSMAN

BASSMAN Registered Member

I HEAR YOU. WHEN YOU FIGURE THIS ONE OUT LET ME KNOW. WHY IS IT A FIVE MINUTE JOB TAKES FIVE DAYS TO FINISH AND A FIVE DAY PAYCHECK TAKES FIVE MINUTES TO SPEND

8. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Being at work this early sucks yes, but not having a job at all sucks even more. Be thankful you have a job.

This comment comes from a previous unemployed IT Professional who thankfully has had a job for a good 3 months now.

Crawlin the rocks with my K5
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rockreadyk5.com>http://www.rockreadyk5.com</a>

9. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

Yikes.Doesn't work on the weekend mean extra $$$$$$

Crossing fingers for ya four by ken

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.whiteknight.scriptmania.com/>http://www.whiteknight.scriptma
    nia.com
    </a>

10. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I wish I was working today. We got all our overtime cut off. Noone is susposed to work more than 40 hours a week. I sure miss that extra OT money. But i'm glad I have a job. Cause my wife just got layedoff hers
    Oh well I guess I'll just have to hook the boat up to the K5 and go fishing or find some vessel to plunder.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze</a>
    <font color=blue>NEVADA: Where the pavement ends, and the West begins.</font color=blue>

11. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Hey, don't complain. I wish I had your problem. I've only been able to work about 40 hours a month for the last several months. And I'm better off than allot of people, at least I have some income.

Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Some day: 4" lift, 44" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

12. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I have to say after being out of work for the last 7 months....I'd KILL to be working on a Saturday or Sunday!

Be careful what you wish for.... [​IMG]

-Greg72

13. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

my wife was out of work for three almost four months and my God I am so thankful she has finally got a job. We have been depleteing 401k's and savings like crazy the past few months! We am moving next weekend to poor ville to help rebuild our mad cash stash! Blazers mods have been almost obsolete here lately! Maybe now I can get some work done to her!
    Justin

14. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

That is why I am glad I have a cushy State Job.

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=)

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun31?&page=1>See my pics here</a>

15. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> work = play,toys,fun,etc ...............think about it that way !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

16. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

Eastern Colorado, jokingly referred to as Western
    Hey, I work in a frigin' cave, so count your lucky stars (yeah, and clovers, hearts, moons, etc). Weekend work is usually extra pay, but this switching shifts is depriving me of some really badly needed beauty rest. Sad that sleeping has become my latest hobby, but I can thank Assama bin Laden for that.

I don't know everything, I just think that I do.............

17. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

All I can say is that if you work all the time and have kids it's not a good combination, for 6 years I thought that a good paying job made up for the difference of averaging 73 hour workweeks, I had two kids go from preteen to teenagers and I DID NOT remember it happening. High blood pressure and the whole works, it aint' worth it...I quit and went from one year of 48,000 a year to the next of 24,000 a year, and was never happier, in fact the whole family was happier. Dude if you cannot get up in the morning or whenever and go to work with a smile on your face my suggestion would be walk and find another, you'll live longer.
    I work a 40 hour week, no more -no less...blood pressure that a 20 year old would be proud of, and loving and living every stinking minute of my life....and best of all if and when I get stressed about something its time for a MUD bath for the K-5 and myself imagine being 49 years old and still playing in the mud!!!![​IMG][​IMG]
    Good Luck
    White Knight

18. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

Eastern Colorado, jokingly referred to as Western
    White Knight, you brought a smile to my face (note the smiley face icon, yeah right).
    Stress IS the silent killer, and I agree with you completely. I did the big buck thing overseas, and was never really happy, but I was stashing the cash. Then I moved to Colorado, dumped all my cash into a house, and found myself a semi-decent paying single job. I was a happy, aging, greybeard, white trash country boy. Then Ass-ama did his thing with the WTC and the Pentagon, and I got put on 6 to 7 days a week. Don't want to quit, as job security plays a big part in my situation, as I could probably never get fired, terminated, on anything like that. Hopefully we, meaning the joint world military will kick that towel-headed asswipe into hell, and then I can go back to aging gracefully, and getting back into the hills for fun.
    But thanks, you hit home with your view. L8r, Slayer

<font color=blue>I don't know everything, I just think that I do.............</font color=blue>[​IMG]

19. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I work 7-3 on saturdays. I hate it, it ruins the weekend. I also have to work 7-6 monday through friday :(

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

20. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Bahaha! I just finished the 2nd of 3 - 12 hour 1 PM to 1AM shifts in a very busy level 1 Trauma Center/ER ... in a row! A lot of silly people out there. They all wanna come see Backlash Bob to get fixed up some how or other. Stress is very high, but can do a lot of good ... that's my pay off! Oh, did I mention I work only 3 days a week. 1 to recover and 3 to fish, surf, lift, cycle yada, yada, and hunt.

My motto ... don't come back and see me!

Be careful out there.

Yup, it's late and I need to sleep.