Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Work truck pic........

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dontoe, Mar 30, 2006.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

...[​IMG]

2. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

What are you trying to do Don? Make the last piece straight? Bolt it to the concrete?:confused:

3. dontoe

Needed to "strech" the building about six inches. My fault, I was up on the scaffolding when we put it up, and didn't notice it was off the mark by about 6 inches.

4. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

So, did it work? When are you going to be available to put mine up? :haha: That looks super sweet:bow: .

5. dontoe

Oh yeah, moved the whole friggin thing the six inches I needed. Had to winch on all four corners though. Hellious noises coming from it as it stretched and finally gave!!! It's anchored down now!!! Two 1/2 inch anchors at each corner. Put a couple more, spread out tomorrow. The trough gets filled with concrete when I have all the bolts tightened down. Let's see, that's about 3,800 bolts to tighten, IIRC.:eek1:

6. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

Everyone remain calm... This is an official highjacking... Get back to your seats, sit down, shut up and hang on...

Ok really, I would like to know if the winch mount that you have on the front of that truck is available anywhere. So if ANYONE knows where I can get this simple and clean style front winch mount for my 89 Sub I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread. :D

7. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Don has a ready welder now:D . I bet he could meet up and do some crazy ninja welding without you even knowing.:haha:

8. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Looks like it's a older Warn Multi-mount Portable Winch Mounting System using a Warn M8000, there is a reciever that is mounted in the bumper.....

9. dontoe

It's just the standard Warn receiver style mount. I made a through the bumper receiver mount so it was up high enough to clear most stuff. The receiver fabrication process (easy) is in the garage forum, the winch is as I said a standard Warn multi-mount, I think they call 'em. Oh, you can hide the mount if ya put mount a tag in front of it!

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Mine was "off" a bit too...

My quonset was "leaning" after I got all the arches bolted together!..I had to tweak it plumb with my truck too,but I had no winch other than a boat winch I used to lift the arches up with, using a 4x4 wood post 16' high I rigged to attach into my trailer hitch receiver,so I just chained my truck to it and drove slowly forward!..

That "hellacious" noise you described I remember very wel--like chalk on a blackboard ,on steriods!..l...should have heard mine when my Ford bucket loader slammed into the arches as I was pulling it out of the mud with my truck!..I thought sure the whole thing was going to collapse!..my neighbors called the cops, and reported an explosion !..:p:

I guess your building is sitting in a "keyway" in the foundation,and is anchored mostly by the cement poured over the arches into the keyway???...I ordered mine with a steel "U" channel peice that bolts to the foundation with 82 half inch anchor bolts!..and I cemented the outside of the arches into the channel..if I was real ambitious,I could unbolt my building and take it with me if I moved,but I think building a new one would be easier..:crazy:

11. beastofablaze

beastofablaze 1/2 ton status

ready welder? like a 110 buzzbox? We have those at work but they never get used because they don't penetrate unless you buy a high capacity cord. Even then your lucky to get 1/4" with a triple pass.

When are they gonna come out with a welder that runs on exhaust fumes?

12. dontoe

This 'un (ReadyWelder) uses 1,2 or 3 batteries. I bought an Argon tank for it, but the flux core seems to work better. I haven't had a chance to practice with it much, but Gotlabs may find his rear axle welded to a heavy chain, welded to the nearest massive metal object.

[​IMG]