Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Work Weekend on the Rubicon Trail, Pics.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by paulmoon, Aug 23, 2005.

1. paulmoon

paulmoon 1/2 ton status

Just completed a work weekend on the Rubicon. Friends of The Rubicon sponsored this work. We Filled in Low mud holes with rock, blocked off illegal bypasses, painted the bridge and removed log jams blocking the flow of the rubicon river, removed trash, etc. The Rubicon is an amazing Trail!! :bow: It is in fact very difficult. I only went in as fall as Rubicon Springs. (halfway ish), not all the way though to the other side. The blazer worked great. No body damage, only "pin stripes" from brush/branches. Helped pull a disabled Jeep up Cadillac Hill. :doah: Had some fuel pump issues! :mad: . Anyway, hopefully this sort of work helps keep the trail open for the future. Here's a few pics and a link to more. No good action pics I'm afraid. I was too busy driving. Sorry...
    http://photos.yahoo.com/pmoonfam@sbcglobal.net
    http://www.norcalttora.com/gallery/album165

rubicon1.jpg

rubicon3.jpg

rubicon4.jpg

rubicon5.jpg

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I guess we don't have a beer icon on here so :thumb: to you!

3. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Kudos and my thanks I haven't been able to get over to run the rubicon yet and won't be able to for a couple of years so I appreciate all the effort that goes into keeping it open :bow:

4. Ten_Bucks

Ten_Bucks 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Good job! Not only is it good to see the 'Con getting the maintenance it deserves, its also good to see a fullsize rig on that trail.

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

dang man you should have told me, i wuld have been there!!
    nice work

6. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

thanks to you, and all those who helped in the cleanup. i hope to run that trail someday, hope it will still be open when my rig is done.

7. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

thank for the hard work!! i really apreaciate people like u guys that do stuff like that. that is the main thing i really take notice of when im out with peeps. k10andysbro is that way, contantly throwing stuff into the back of the truck to haul out. :bow: :bow: :bow:

i see they had to bring u along huh :D had to have a real rig to bring in the equipment :haha:

8. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

Great Job! You don't know how good you have it out there. It must be great to go wheelin' on public land. Here, it's all about corn and soybeans. :rolleyes:

9. K5Steve

K5Steve 1/2 ton status

Hey,looks nice.I live in Carson city,Nv. so if you need more hands next time let me know and I'll help out if I can.I go up to Barker pass to whell a lot so...