Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Workin late on a Friday night [rant]

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Goober, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Dangit, why are some people so stupid.

Here it is almost 7:30 at night and I'm still sitting at my desk babysitting a bunch of incompetent monkeys when I should be home smoochin' my wife. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I hope these gumballs get this stuff wrapped up soon.

Sometimes I really hate #$!&% Windows System Administrators. Most of them ain't worth a s#!^.

[/rant]

But on the bright side ... only 8 days, 15 hours, 2 minutes, 31 seconds until the Daytona 500!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

2. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

know what you mean, but do it every night. my hours are from 3:30 pm until 2:00 am, and get paid salary /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    know what you mean, but do it every night. my hours are from 3:30 pm until 2:00 am, and get paid salary /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. I usually work from 6-3 .......... salary /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

haha first time i read ur post i read..........desk babysitting a bunch of incompetent monkeys who should be home smoochin' my wife...

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sometimes I really hate #$!&% Windows System Administrators. Most of them ain't worth a s#!^.

[/ QUOTE ]

'Cept us ones that build networks that don't require any lookin' back... Of course, when corporate gets access and starts dropping little screwy variables and small market thinking into your carefully structured mission critical system, I start echoing your thoughts...

So, um, you guys are a linux bunch?

7. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I don't have a problem with all Admin's, just the yahoo's that have very little experience and go get their MCSE and think that makes them competent.

The good Admin's are worth whatever you need to pay them to stay!

[ QUOTE ]
    So, um, you guys are a linux bunch?

[/ QUOTE ]

Linux, Unix, AIX and every other type of "ix" there is.

Personally I only deal with Windows security ranging from NT4 to Win2003. With well over 200,000 Windows endpoints in our environment my team manages to keep busy.

The deal was there was a group of folks who had a "fire and brimstone" type emergency and I wouldn't give them permission to do what they wanted.

Suffice it to say that I was right, they were wrong and now they have to explain to their Senior Executives (the ones we called late Friday night) what the heck they were thinking. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    who should be home smoochin' my wife...

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm .... no.

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The deal was there was a group of folks who had a "fire and brimstone" type emergency and I wouldn't give them permission to do what they wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I hear ya!!