Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Workin with diamond plate

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LaxRox5, Nov 6, 2003.

1. LaxRox5

LaxRox5 Registered Member

Hey guys, i was just wondering how hard it would be to diamond plate some parts of my burb that are rusting, (similiar to those j*%ps you see, i like the look, and the rust is killing me) its mainly along that thin part underneath the doors and one rear quarter panel. any suggestions? also where do you think i could get diamond plate to do some interior stuff, cover the cargo area and stuff...

2. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

Diamond plate is quite a bit more expensive than is just mild steel. However, if you have the equipment and/or ability to form the curves needed it wouldn't be too tough. It's hard to say without know abilities and tools you have to work with? I haven't seen to large of a quanity of diamond plate parts for the Blazer yet but you may be on to something....
    ***Sound like a good idea to me****

3. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I think it's Jeff (Muddytazz) who makes some pretty nice looking diamond plate stuff for interior work. His stuff is listed on the Echobit page. He is located in Canby, OR.
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

i second that motion about muddytazz. he makes good chit, lol. i got his blazer panels....top-o-the-line work. he could prolly fix ya up with yur needs. pm him. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif