Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

**Working** Stock Tape Radio

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by lifethroughdeath, May 5, 2005.

1. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for a stock radio for my truck. I don't care what year it came out of as long as the tape deck works. I'm too cheap to buy a CD player so I'll stick with the car kit for now.

HELP ME OUT!!!!

2. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

3. nomadman

nomadman 1/2 ton status

radio

I have a stock one from an '87 digital tuning and cassette. Radio works - not 100% sure on the tape. You can have it if you pay shipping - I'd say $10 should do it. PM if U want it.

4. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

Radio

Clarkjw24- If your 87 stock deck works, I'll take it. Otherwise, does that Sony drop right in? I can't tell from the pic.

nomadman-
    Thanks, but I've gone through two already, one from an 87 s10, and one from a 90K5 and both tape decks didn't work, so I want to be sure it works.

5. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'll check the stock one today, I'm off of work. The sony one goes right in with no cutting of the dash or bezel. You just have to wire it in, which the labels are still on the radio wiring. :xmas:

6. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

I've got a stock digital with tape deck that I pulled out of my '87 a month ago. Everything worked great on it. I'd have to check and make sure I have the knobs though if you want it. By the way, what year is your K5, depending on the year the slot may be different and would probably require cutting for anything non-stock. My 87 required cutting when I took the stock deck out and put in aftermarket, but my '91 actually has a slot that's too big for a standard aftermarket deck. It's not worth the trouble for me to give it too you for nothing right now (I'm packing to move out of state and expecting a baby in the next two weeks) but if you'll throw in a few bucks for packing and standing in line at the PO with the money for shipping I wouldn't mind.