Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Working with fender flares

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Polaris, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Has anyone ran into the problem with Bushwacker flares, of wanting to trim fenders and having a flare to deal with? If I take them off, I have a zillion holes in the body to look at. If I leave them on, I can't do the body trimming I'd like to do. Also, in one year I have pretty well wrecked the front flares - they don't take kindly to playing pinball off of trees in the winter /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. Any suggestions?

Getting anxious for some /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif action here /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. MR4WD

MR4WD 1/2 ton status

My flares are resiliant to tire contact, and hide a lot of further trimming. If you cut the fender to the point that the flare bolts on, and further cut the inside portion of the flare you're left with a lot less material on the fender. I just installed mine last weekend, and wish I had considered other cheaper alternatives.

Chad.

3. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I have already had the flares on for a year, so I did that kind of trimming to install them. Now I'd like to trim areas like this:
    [​IMG]
    I'd just as soon get rid of them all together. My tires don't stick out that far. But, there are those bazillion holes that I drilled. Here is the main reason I put them on in the first place:
    [​IMG]

And before I put them on, I cut and riveted on some "bandaids" to prevent further spread of the cancer.
    [​IMG]