Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Workout routines.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Esteban86K5, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Well, I have finally found the time and energy to start working out again. This is something that I enjoyed doing in my youger years and while I was in the Marines. But for the past 10 years(give or take) I have had a schedule that hasn't allowed for it. And my energy to do it just wasn't there.

Well, about a month ago the wife and I joined a local gym and I have been going on a regular basis. I started off slow and just ran or did the eliptical about 3 days a week. Now I am to the point where I can run or do the eliptical every day and not get so tired that I can't do anything the rest of the day.

Which brings me to my main question. When I was younger I was always part of a team or had a routine set up by the Marines for me so I just did it and didn't think about it. But now I want to set up a workout routine for myself to tone up and bring back a little mass(and obviously lose the love handles) and would like to know where to start. I know that some of you guys have regular workouts and want to know where to start in setting up my own workout. Something that will work everything over a weeks time. I have been working with a trainer to just get me back into the swing of things, but he isn't "allowed" to set up a full on workout for me (unless I pay for it of course).

Any of you guys know of a particular website or book that you have found to be usefull in this area. I can search all day long on the web(and i will if I have too) but I just wanted to get ideas of things that work from people who have tried it.

So to all you fitness gurus. SCHOOL ME!!!:bow:

2. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

este,

i will call you tonight. remember i used to own a sports nutrition company and that is part of what we did.

3. Esteban86K5

I don't want to TALK to you. Just write it down. That way i don't forget.:wink1:

4. onlychevy6

ok i will email it to you... still have that earthlink crap right?

5. Esteban86K5

Yup!!:d

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

FWIW, I really like this site - www.bodybuilding.com

Just stay out of the forums, 14 year olds who can NOT spell making fun of each other when they post half naked pictures of themselves

7. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

Lots of good info here too...
    www.exrx.net

I am a big fan of outlining what I want to do first, then designing a program around that. For example, my goal was to gain 5 lbs of lean muscle mass so I designed a nutrition and workout routine to meet my goal. Now it is time to tirm up for summer, so my eating and exercise have changed to meet the new goal...

8. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

9. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

well to be honest, there are more workout routines than workouts themselves in my opinion... www.wannabebig.com is where i used to go, haven't been back in a while cuz im pretty much where i wanna be right now.. all these sites generally have good routines for different focuses (ie: mass, endurance, bulk, cutting, etc). if you dont like what you see or want another opinion, i can give you my routine, ive researched lifting quite a bit, and dozens of routines, but i made my own to fit my needs and wants. your diet is a huge factor as well, but that's a whole new ball game in itself.. so just let me know if you would like to see mine or have any more questions.. happy lifting..

BTW it's a lot easier to know what to say when we know what you want, are you skinny and want to bulk up, fat and want to lean up, or just moderate and want to tone up a bit while putting on mass??? more details the better. and the more opinions the better, no one knows everything ive found out..

10. Esteban86K5

Right now I have about 25% body fat. I am 5'10" and weigh in at 210. I am not horribly overweight but overweight I am. What I am looking to do is tone up a bit. I don't necessarly want to add much muscle mass, but I do want to tone what I have. I have been looking around at different sites and I think I'll be able to come up with something. I'll post up something when I am done.

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i tried one of those aerobic workout tapes once, you know, the ones with the girls in the tight little leotards and all. those things are way harder than they look, especially with a hardon. :haha:

12. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

pole vaulting? :haha:

13. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

14. Esteban86K5

Well now that I have gotten some ideas of a couple different workout routines. Here is another question for you guys. Have any of you ever worked out with a female? I want to be able to workout with my Wife and still be able to obtain a good workout for both of us.

I have looked around and so far I like this workout the best.

There would be 3 sets of each.
    Day 1
    Bench Press - 6-10 Reps
    Incline Bench Press - 6-10 Reps
    Decline Bench Press - 6-10 Reps
    Dumb Bell Flies - 6-10 Reps
    French Press - 6-10 Reps
    Skull Crushers - 6-10 Reps
    Dips - 6-10 Reps
    Crunchs - 12-15 Reps
    Oblique Crunchs - 10-12 Reps
    V-crunchs - 12-15 Reps

Day #2
    Ez Bar Curl - 6-10 Reps
    Hammer Curls - 6-10 Reps
    Preacher Curls - 6-10 Reps
    Concentration Curls - 6-10 Reps
    Lat Pull Downs Or Pull Ups - 6-10 Reps
    One Arm Row - 6-10 Reps
    Reverse Dumb Bell Flies - 8-12 Reps
    Full Body Crunchs - 12-15 Reps
    Oblique V-up - 8-10 Reps
    Reverse Crunchs - 12-15 Reps

Day 3
    Leg Extensions - 6-10 Reps
    Lying Leg Curls - 6-10 Reps
    Standing Calf Raises - 10-12 Reps
    Lunges - 8-10 Reps
    Squats - 6-10 Reps
    Upright Row(close Grip) - 6-10 Reps
    Milatary Press - 6-10 Reps
    Lateral Raises - 8-12 Reps
    Dumb Bell Shrugs - 8-10 Reps
    Weighted Crunchs - 12-15 Reps
    Alternate Bicycle - 25 Reps
    Hanging Leg Raises - 12-15 Reps

I would do lower reps with a higher weight and she would do higher reps with lower weights.

Any ideas from anyone?

(Jeff, I haven't looked at your workout yet.:D)

15. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

well i dont see anything wrong with it, but i hope you realize how much that is, it's a total of about 30 sets. i do 20 sets and it takes about 1.5-2 hours when im by myself unless i really push it. you're gonna be sore, haha. but as long as it feels good to you, it's not over-working your muscles, and you have the attention span, then all is well.. best of luck.. and as far as working out with women, there's nothing wrong with it, you just gotta move the weight on and off the bars/machines as you go, which takes time, but no big deal, and as long as you both know how to properly execute and spot each workout, it should be good for the both of you..

16. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

if ure looking to just cut weight and keep same muscle mass, then u need to do more aerobic stuff. if u want to bulk fast and keep some body fat then that routine will work fine.

i work out 3 times a week and 45min of cardio, gym time is about 2 hours. the weight routine you have is ok, just do less isolation and more complemetry muscle work outs instead of spreading them around. the only isolation i do is incline curls (so my uniform is tight :)

the ball is a good core work out

17. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I bet you can really pump up the fingers by typing y and o more

18. Esteban86K5

I guess that is a lot to do in one session. I didn't even think about that. I already do about 45min of cardio almost everyday of the week. But the workout part hasn't really started yet cause I am up in the air about a routine.

Thanks for all the help fellas.

19. Esteban86K5

I think I just found my workout routine. Thansk to Jeff for e-mailing it to me and helping out. And thanks for everyone for your help.:bow:

20. onlychevy6

no prob. este.