Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Workout Trick for Arms?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cricket, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Anyone have a good trick when your arms stop working. By the time I hit dips my arms are pumped to the point of lock-up. I'm getting about half of what I want off the stand.

:ears:

2. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

bring a spare set of arms?

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

creatine?

4. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Actually, we need more information on your routine to offer suggestions.

How many times a week do you work each body part?
    What body parts do you work on the same day?
    Are you super setting?
    Dips are a shoulder/arm/back overall exercise. It is not an isolation exercise.
    Are you going heavy weight/negative pyramid reps or med. weight/high reps?

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Using my own body weight, not much into free weight until I work arms & back.

6 days a week alternating routine daily as follows:

Abs
    Chest/Shoulders
    Arms/Back
    Lower Body
    Aerobic/

Tonight worked Chest/Shoulders:

1. 25 standard pushups
    2. press-press-fling
    3. 25 diamond pushups
    4. hi jack- hi jill's
    5. 20 Cat's Arch pushups
    6. up and overs
    7. 20 dips
    8. swimmer's stretch

REPEAT AGAIN 5 less per: 20/20/15/15

Finish with a super set 15/15/10/10 no in-between stretch in this one.

I have no problem in any other daily routine, it's just this one that pumps my arms up something terrible. By the time I hit dips I'm lucky to squeeze out half of what I want.

6. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

id try to switch the diamond pushups and the dips

that is if you go in that order every day.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

without really knowing you or what you are doing(not big into working out to really know what is what), I'd think you are trying to work too much at a time. By dips do you mean going down one knee at a time just letting weight hang on your arms? Not working the arms basically? if so, you should focus on working your legs one day and arms another. I usually do my most intensive arm excercises last. Namely the wrist curl. Destroys my forearms and renders my arms tight and useless for a bit, but I like it.

8. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

well, im not gonna lie, i try to stay up with working out and different exercises; been working out seriously on and off for about 2 years, but i have no idea what the following are: press-press fling's, hi jack-hi jill's, cats arch push-ups, up and overs, or even a swimmer's stretch... i mean, i got no clue.

but as far as diamond pushups go, it isolates the triceps far more than the chest, so if i were you, i would exchange those for a 'wide-grip' pushup, put your hands considerably wider than your shoulders. without knowing what the hell those other workouts are, its hard to critique your workout. but i generally save my most intense, direct-workout exercises for the last ones (i.e. i do bench press, which uses your frontal delts, triceps and chest first on chest day, then a few others, and finish up with fly's or pec-deck, which isolate the chest and dont allow you to 'cheat' much either) this reduces 'pump' before you want it..

on the dips, the wider you go is also better for your chest, and if you kick your elbows outward (straight out from your sides) it really nails 'em, and takes your triceps out a bit..

also, that's a ****-load of reps, possibly more than i've ever heard, and may be your main problem, try lowering the reps considerably, and adding weight (unless you're really just trying to cut weight). well i apologize for rambling, sometimes it just happens, haha, good luck, just ask if i didnt make sense somewhere, take care..

9. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Those are 10 count exercises that stretch your arm & chest muscles in between the pushup/dip phase.

That's the standard amount for this particular workout. I can always give myself a five minutes between sets to let the muscles rest but I was hoping somebody had a quick fix or a supplement they were using that helps you with muscle stamina.

10. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Whell why dont you do what you usually do when your arms get tired,let them rest ,,and start wanking again.:pimp: :haha: j/k

I say let them rest, otherwise your gonna tear something.If you keen on overdoing stuff ,after you body says stop,, somethings going to break bro.I know because it happened to me. I strained too hard, busted a blood vessel in my head , passed out,

And got up and finished my reps.:pimp: