Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

World Heads S/R torquer and Center bolt valve covers.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by arq, May 10, 2004.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

just got a set, i can't seem to used my center bolt valve covers any ideas. BTW, the valve covers are from a vortec engine.

ARQ.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

"World Product" S/R heads use the old style valve covers. Head out to the salvage yard and get yourself some valve covers or call up Jeg's or Summit.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

There is also a adapter available at Jegs or Summit. You bolt it to the heads , then bolt the centerbolt covers to it. Gives your heads that stealthy "stock" look /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Why would you want those things? I never could understand the reasoning, unless you can't get tall centerbolt valve covers for whatever reason.

Change the stock leak prone perimeter valve cover arrangement to one that has double the tendency to leak. (two sealing surfaces vs. one) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Was just a thought. I would of thought if installed right they wouldn't leak. Oh well. Just get covers for the heads you have I guess. It would look cool having good heads hidden though /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif