Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

World of confusion....driveshafts???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jakeslim, Mar 30, 2003.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

What driveshaft length and setup do I need...I'm lost here..

Dana 60 front
    14ff rear
    6inch rough country lift
    203 transfer case

What do I need? Starting with the axle yoke to the transfer case....What do you have? I want to go CV in rear also. My current setup(stock) is too short.

How about a little help here.

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

ttt - surely someone out there has a six inch lift, 203 and one ton setup...?

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

There are probably numerous setups similar to yours, but IMHO do not rely on the measurements from someone else's rig to size your drive shafts. Install everything, measure the driveshafts and have the modified accordingly. If you are going to a cv from stock, it will have to be shortened to add the cv.

4. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

how bout you measure... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I would not go off somebody elses d-shaft length that has a similar setup to yours...just do what mods you wan to do and pull out a tape measure

Chris

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    There are probably numerous setups similar to yours, but IMHO do not rely on the measurements from someone else's rig to size your drive shafts. Install everything, measure the driveshafts and have the modified accordingly. If you are going to a cv from stock, it will have to be shortened to add the cv.

[/ QUOTE ]

w3rd.

call Jesse @ High Angle and he'll help you out.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i highly recommend bolting everything up and measuring. That said, when i went to order my driveshafts (i was dumb, ordered them before stuff was bolted up), i averaged the lengths from 4-5 peeps here on ck5 and compared that number with a rough guestimate after looking at the 205 in my garage and where the end of my 700r4 was. Rounded to the nearest inch and took a shot in the dark. I was very lucky that the shafts worked out for me. Anyway, dont be a bonehead like i was, bolt the stuff up, measure exactly how long they need to be, then call Jesse at HAD to get some of the best driveshafts you can buy.

j