Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

World Of Wheels car show, PICTURES!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Feb 26, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Went to the World of Wheels car show in Pittsburgh today. I'll let the pictures speak for the show, I was REALLY kicking myself for not buying a bigger memory card a long time ago(would be way way more pictures). Sadly no pictures of Courtney Hanson(chick from Overhaulin'), she left her signing thing for a break when we got there.

First up is one for you bike guys. Sadly the closeup of the paint was lost to car pictures thanks to the small memory card.
    [​IMG]

Chicks at the Skoal trailer, they looked better in person.... some guys from school with them
    [​IMG]

Modular Ford with a blower(just motor, its all I care about ;))
    [​IMG]

Cobra with a Blown 5.0. Some company in the Boston area makes these apparently(kid I was with is from Boston). If anyone knows the company let me know, I can't remember. They are repro Shelby Cobras on foxbody chassis I believe.
    [​IMG]

Blown Chevy SS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Slammed little S10 with a simple but cool interior
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This guy likes diamond plate almost as much as Jeepers...
    [​IMG]

Test: by the reflection, what front axle is under this rig. Hint, its badge K30.
    [​IMG]

Paint is the only reason here...
    [​IMG]

Not totally domestic biased, no idea why I deleted the pictures of the Supra and Skyline though...
    [​IMG]

PRO STREET
    [​IMG]

Can't tell but this is a ProStreet Camaro that I fell in love with :D
    [​IMG]

Cool and clean 383 Camaro. Needed a little lower suspension for my taste but still cool.
    [​IMG]

The Chicayne by Rad Rides By Troy. He was suppossedly to be there today but I never saw him come out to do autographs or anything.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

:D:D
    [​IMG]

Pro Street Long Bed S10, with big huffer on a small block
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nice rodded pickup
    [​IMG]

another rod
    [​IMG]

You can kind of see it but he has a BIG water to air intercooler in the back of the car. Need to show this too all the ricers who were saying the Lancer at the career fair in school had a BIG turbo rofl
    [​IMG]

Joe Rogan's "Sick Fish" Cuda
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

T likes El Caminos so I shot this one for her.
    [​IMG]

:D
    [​IMG]

Don't know if I'd ever build something without a top or cage but this is sweet.
    [​IMG]

What would you guys classify this car as? I love this style, the low sleek like 30s cars with big power.
    [​IMG]

Fish in the headlight of a VW Beetle, I only took the picture cause the second fish in this picture is dead and boobing, ha. "uhh you know your fish are dead?" "yea, I can't get them out of there..."
    [​IMG]

And a couple of pictures of Jesseca Turner, I was planning to make a post in the Pig Pen with her but I can't find any where she has her clothes on :D She was really nice, but of course she gets paid to be nice and take her clothes off so yeah...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All in all it was a cool show. There were lots of sweet cars, and a bunch of junkers. There was a total show Chevy 1/2 ton sitting on 38.5 TSL SXs and chrome spring hangers. There was a few vehicles that were a little sub par compared to even the simplest of the cars I pictured here(ok well not compared to the rat rod).

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

nice pics, would have been cool to go. i am sure the dimondplate loveing rice is able to work on his moter really easally with that hood :screwy:

i was kind of thinking that it was a carage car.
    read this artical on them once very low run often entierly custom, made for people who wanted a made to order car.

neet to se cars from the 30s with the coolest mohogony interers

4. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    good pic's,thanks man!

5. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well done pic show...............pssssst.........you have lipstick on your ear!!!:D

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Im pretty shure they were called Phaeton[​IMG]32 Phaeton I found this as an example, but the one you took a picture of is a different year, I think they gave this title to any high end real sleek cars. Plymouth made some to but i couldent find any pictures of those:D

7. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

i went to the one in boston, the only thing good there was a 99 zr2 blazer with a 5 inch lift and 33's all beat up:mad:

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

A few of the guys in class are from Boston, one said it was pretty good when he went in past years. Have to ask what he thought of this one(we passed each other when he was headed in and me out).

9. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

looks like a dana 44 under the 1 st gen truck:frown1:

10. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

NIce pics. Skoal girls...ahh yes, there always at NASCAR and NHRA, and there HOTT!!

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I forgot I made that challenge, and yes you are correct. It was still a sweet clean truck. I didn't bother looking it over too much since there were cars I was more interested in.