Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

World Series

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corey 78K5, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I thought it was a good one this year. The Cards were clearly the better team in the Series with dominate pitching and clutch hitting. Not having a bunch of big name players was bonus on both teams. I will give it to the Tigers they came a long ways from just a couple years ago, but I didn't feel they had enough veterans on the team to win a championship. After the Cards took the lead I knew the Tigers were done with the way Weaver was pitching.

2. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

my exact thoughts...

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

World Series? What?

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

It's a thinking mans game, I knew you wouldn't understand Allan.

5. justhorsinaround

Duh, huuuuh.

6. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I think the tigers should have started Rogers last night.

7. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i'm not much into baseball but i watched the series.it was fun. sorta.i was there when the Tigers won in 84:doah: .man i'm old,at least there won't be any flipped over cars and looting in detroit.

8. justhorsinaround

I've never understood why flipping over cars and stealing stuff is considered a way to celebrate.

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i never got it either.i read in US NEWS and WORLD REPORT that the tigers being in the world series was good for our morale???my income didn't change.:confused: :laugh: maybe its cuz the nuts that destroy stuff don't have guns!?detroit is funny that way.

10. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Oh yeah , the uppity college graduates play Soccer :wink1:

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

does anyone even care about baseball anymore? if the ratings for the WS are any indication: NO!

Seriously, does it even get the ratings that Nascar does these days? What a crap sport. Football is king, basketball is #2 (though its falling on its face to, thanks to the players union and guarenteed contracts...). Baseball is an after thought.

j

12. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Eh, I'm a fairweather fan.

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I think your a penis fan. Seems to be on your mind a lot lately.........

14. pauly383

I care about Baseball .... And Nascar . I hate Football since about halfway through Barry Sanders carreer , and I aboslutley hate Basketball since the 80's were over .

Baseball , even with a few problems here and there , is still a sport anybody in High School through their 30's still has a chance to make it in . I love watching the young guys come up through the organization .

And I actually can relate to most of the people in Baseball . They are , for the most part , married family guys playing ball :D

As for the ratings , no one really cares for Detroit and St. Louis anymore , too many coulda and shoulda seasons . If it was New York Mets and Oakland , it would of been a different story .

Its a shame America would rather watch guys ( some of whom can't write , but they got passed anyway ) wrestle each other chasing a ball , than play a wholesome sport most children have a shot in if they are halfway coordinated at all .

15. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I watched everygame.. If detroits "hitters" would have showed up it would have been a decent series but when a guy goes 0-18 and is supposed to be a decent hitter kinda tells ya something. Detroit didn't have the heart that STL had, gotta give em that.

16. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Our house is a Baseball house, speaking of which my 12 year old threw a 6 inning win Sunday, we won 9-2 he gave up 5 hits and threw 79 pitches he only walked 3 batters and 2 of those were HBP, he says they were crowding the plate and I agree. Tonight is our final game and its against the same team we played yesterday, they were undefeated untill we beat them :)

17. pauly383

Now that is cool as **** . I can't wait to have a boy to teach how to play !!!

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I wouldn't describe the spit ball throwin', corked bat swingin', 'roid takin' thugz with no green cardz that play baseball thesedays "wholesome" or "family friendly".. but maybe thats just me. lol! ;) :thumb:

Lots of people definitely like baseball still... but it used to be the #1 sport in the country and now I'm not even sure its #3. Something is definitely going wrong. We agree that Barry was da man though. :thumb:

j

19. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

MLB put 76,043,902 million fans in the seats in 2006. The NFL had 17,303,791 fans in 2005 and the NBA had 21,595,804 for the 2005-06 season and NASCAR put 6,700,000 fans in the seats in 2003 (that was the latest figure I could find on short notice).
    So to say that no one cares about Baseball is laughable at best. Oh and to say that no one in any of the other major sport has never cheated is a joke. Hell Lyle Alzado frickin died from roids and everybody knows the NFL is full of coke heads just ask any former Dallas Cowboy:wink1: The NBA is no better. NASCAR is full of cheaters. Hardly a race goes by that some one doesn't make an illegal move or have a juiced engine.

20. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

X2.