Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

World Trade Center

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Strange, I haven't seen a post about the movie yet...

Who's seen it? I just saw it tonight with a purdy girl from work... Too bad neither of us were really in the mood to do anything afterwards :doah: :doah:

Great movie though. I've never almost cried at a movie, nor have I ever left a movie wanting to kill someone, I've also never left a movie completely at a loss for what to say...

I'm glad it was made though. American liberals need a reminder of why we're at war... Well, unless they're so out of touch that they'll just treat the movie as another work of fiction :rolleyes:

2. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

i want to get it bootlegged out of spite, i dont think they should be making a profit off of a story every american deserves to know without paying 10 bucks

3. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

That's an interesting way to look at it. I've never thought of it that way.

-Avery

4. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

i think i might take a trip to the movies this weekend to see it..

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My thoughts exactly... F*ck Oliver Stone.... :mad:

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I haven't seen it yet, so I am not going to make any judgements. Lots of normal people I know say it isn't filled with political BS or conspiracy theories though. If thats the case, it could be good in spite of Stone.

As far as the idea that it should be free... ummm, no. There is nothing more American than the idea of getting paid for your labor. Stone and Co. have produced something... at the expense of their time, effort, and $65,000,000. Why should it be free? If you were watching 9-11 on TV when it happened, you already got the free version...

One interesting "take" on the film from a guy who had seen it on the Sean Hannity show was that the underlying/subtle message from Stone could be a sense of closure. Naturally, this would be bad. 9-11 was the start (for our side anyway) of the War of Terrorism... creating a film that ultimately says "9-11 happened, its in the past and its over" would be kind of a focked up thing to suggest. Of course, this kind of thing is probably so subtle that your average idiot movie-goer wouldn't even think about it...

j

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I've heard from many sources that it's politically neutral, and that it's all about the rescue workers and nothing about the actual attack. I'm good with that, I hate Oliver Stone but on all acounts this is a good movie. Oh wait, I just remembered: Nicholas Cage, bleeecchhh. Every time I see that moron in a movie the only thing going through my head is "Put... the bunny... back... in the... box. " in his horrible attempt at a southern accent.

And I agree, even though he's an ass, no one deserves to have their work stolen and passed around for free.

8. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Nick Cage and a nice, cheezy moustache=blech. The people doing the casting in that movie must have had a low budget.

John

9. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

Careful with those words, he'll send Kal-el out to whup your ass. And he could do it, because it's freaking Kal-el.

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I hope Hillary Clinton watches it... She may need a narrator though to remind her what happened... :rolleyes:

11. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I agree. I don't have a problem with someone making the movie AND making money on it. Additionally, Americans typically have very short memories. The proof of that is that right after 9-11 everyone was on board to go kick somebody's a$$!!!! Now they have "forgotten". I am for anything that HONESTLY reminds us of what happened.

12. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I had the opportunity to see a special pre-screening of the movie some time ago and passed. I can't stand Oliver Stone. However, those that I know who saw it liked it. I did hear an interesting spin put on it. Although it is supposed to be politically neutral, the radio talk show host contended that the message Stone really put out was that on 9-11, the entire country came together. After that, under the Bush administration, the entire country has gone completely to ****. I don't know if I buy that yet, but I'll see the movie eventually. I do think it interesting also that the majority of people involved directly in NY with the WTC have enjoyed and supported the movie. In fact, many of the actual veterans of the event are extras. There are a very very small minority of participants who have spoken out against the movie and of course the liberal media have latched onto them like a barnacle on a ship.....

13. jekbrown

liberals never get this part right. After 9-11 we were united as a nation... and then for political power they left the rest of us. That is the only reason we aren't "united" today. Now its going to take another huge (a-bomb?) terrorist attack so that we can be on the same page again and actually win this war. Sigh. Idiot liberals.

j

14. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Unfortunately.

John

15. uberbeans

uberbeans 1/2 ton status

I love liberals. They taste like chicken.

16. jekbrown

Im still trying to figure out why the liberal-appeasers ever even think they are right about foriegn policy or are given any credit for their knowledge about it. Lets look at their track record...

WWII: said it wasn't "their problem" and that we shouldn't get involved before Dec 7th... when stopping Hitler in 1936 could have saved 50 million lives.

Korea: Decided that commies really aren't that bad.. there is no domino theory and that we should therefore not kick Chinas ass. End result: the millions of poor saps in North Korea have to live in the most oppressive society on Earth for 50 years and counting.

Vietnam: domino theory still isn't happening... commies are still ok guys even though we know that they are mass murderers and don't believe in any kind of individual/civil rights at all. Their plan: strap our boys with idiotic rules and then stab them in the back when the idiotic rules don't work. Result: Vietnamese/cambodia ****ed for decades... massive amounts of oppression... massive loss of live.

Cold War: Commies aren't really bad.. it just isn't being implemented right and if we just be nice to them they will be nice to us. All the while Russian commies are killing 40-50 million people... oppressing all the rest.... in China its 60-70 million... and all the rest oppressed... for decades. Reagan comes along to play hardball with the Russians and the liberals immediately side with the russian communists. After the Commies finally fall, they give all the credit to Gorbachev.

Israel: The Jews are bad, the root of all evil and if they'd just give the terrorists a bunch of land then the terrorists will be nice to them and it will end the killing. End result: we tie the Jews hands, embolden the enemy and every one of the 5 million or so Jews left in Israel gets up every morning to go to work wondering if they are going to get blown up by some islamic-fascist moron.

the list goes on. They have pretty much never been right on foreign policy. Ever. Why do people still listen to them?

j

17. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

Would you have made a charitable donation to a non-profit organization if they were to have decided to make a professionally filmed and produced documentary about the events?

I really don't see the problem.

Are any of the profits being donated to any of the many post 9/11 charitable organizations?

Would this story ever have been told in such a professional and cinematic manner if old Olly hadn't done it? In my opinion, no it wouldn't and we would have to watch a low budget PBS documentary filmed on 8mm.

18. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

Liberal policy is the feel good policy. Liberal policy believes that there is no real evil in the world. When in fact there is real unbridaled evil all around us, all the time. The liberal agenda is about living in the moment and assuming that if we give away our rights to make a better more peaceful world then everyone else will follow in suite. That is just not true.

Liberal policy is for non-thinkers who don't look around at the world and realize that EVIL really is there just waiting for the opportunity to...

You get the point.

19. uberbeans

uberbeans 1/2 ton status

I SAID "I like liberals they taste like chicken". Get it?

damn.

20. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Anyways back on the topic.. GF saw it lastnite with a friend,she came home crying. It's really sad,but she said it was good.