Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Worrying

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, May 4, 2007.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I get told I worry a lot. Too much maybe.
    What can I do to ease off on the worrying?For As long as I can remember I've always worried, even about little insignificant things.
    I recently met this girl and it is bugging the hell out of her because I worry so much. I am unsure about a lot of things so maybe that is why I worry. I also say "sorry" or apologize a lot. I don't know if that is a bad thing, but it's also annoying her a lot too because I say it when I don't need to.
    I guess I can say I'm easily stressed out, but I don't know it.
    Idont know how to stop worrying, it's just natural for me. This girl I met is amazing, and I've never met someone like her before, she is extraordinary. Maybe I worry because I don't want to ruin anything between her and I.

I don't really know what I am getting at. I just wanted to ask for someones opinion. How can I slow down on worrying? :confused::doah:

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I'm like you Staveykins, and all that's ever stopped me worrying is being pessimistic and or drinking

I'm thinking about shooting myself in the head though, so I'll see how that goes

I'm sure you'll do ok. Just calm down. Everyone loves you.

3. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

Stave!
    You need to chill man. Stress will kill you,ask me I know!
    take it easy on the women folk, there are plenty to go around. If you find one you like grab her and tell her.

Most important; Don't sweat the smallsh!t .

4. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

yeah these guys got it about right on the head... my buddy used to worry the small shat and say sorry a lot, then my wife went off on him and yelled at him and now he's just as big a dik as me... lol...

you need to kick back and relax it, take that girl out to the woods or the mud and romp on your rig like you never had, youd be surprised what WTFO makes ya feel like...

5. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Alcohol.

6. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Steve! good to see you back..

I was in the same boat, and I can still have my days of being over anxious about everything..

Best way to stop worrying is to just ignore the inner voice that speaks of impending doom, and move forward in situations that test your emotional and spiritual limits..

remember.. where we lack self confidence, we must fill the void with courage..

I remember when I left my steady foundry job to be a headhunter.. there I was, me with my telephone, and no industry contacts to help get me started.. you wanna talk panic? but I reasoned with myself, " hell yeah I'm scared, but I'm too broke and miserable to stay scared so I'm picking up the damn phone"..

what I did was use my natural intensity to develop a hatred for the limitations that I imposed on myself, and the limitations imposed on me by others..

so, I enacted some policies throughout my life that may help you..

first, I asked out every girl that I thought was worth my time.. didn't always work, but it didn't always not work..

next, I stopped apologizing all the damn time.. I didn't turn into superd**k, but I pretended that I was on an equal level with everyone until I began to believe it for myself.

every time I caught myself being hesitant, I would push myself to go forward.. that was the best confidence builder right there.

And last but not least, my spiritual path has a lot to do with me overcoming my fears and limitations.. not that I'm one of thsoe "let go and let god" folks, but the reality is, once I understood that god doesn't make junk, and that I had a purpose, I could begin to forgive the folks I was pissed at ( deserved or not ) and begin to operate from a place of strength..

sorry for the length, but I hate to see people struggle with this stuff.. the truth is, anxiousness is a by product of fear, and you can't cousel out fear.. in other words, talking about it won't make it go away.. the only thing that clears the fog is right prepapration, and determined action..

7. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Thanks. That was way better than my solution.

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Go sit on the toilet and flush away your stress.

9. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Drinking gets all the publicity, but pooping is another great stress buster, as long as you have enough reading material..

10. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

thank you.. not that I'm against alochol, mind you..it has its place, as long as it doesn't become a dominant factor in someone's life.

11. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Direct response.........Grow some.

Group hug response.
    STOP
    .acknowledge the negative self talk
    .mentally interrupt the negative self talk
    .take a deep breath
    CHALLENGE
    .what am I telling myself
    .is it appropriate
    .if I act on this self talk, what is likely to happen
    FOCUS
    .what do I want to happen
    .what do I need to tell myself so that I can achieve it

The mental state that you are putting yourself into will continue on a downward spiral, only increasing with time.

Like said above......2 rules in life
    Rule 1 Dont sweat the small stuff
    Rule 2 It's all small stuff

If you want to be a little spiritual, think of the serenity prayer(I don't care about your religious/spiritual beliefs it is just a good guide)

Give me the strength to change the things I can, the courage to deal with the things I cannot change, and the wisdom to know the difference.

That is as close as I can remember it.

And you may want to change that last part to read "and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill, because they pissed me off."

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I've found that the best approach is to not waste a single digit of blood pressure over people that don't matter. In my life, if you ain't my wife, my parents or my boss... I pretty much don't stress over ya. That eliminates a lot of excess bull**** that I might otherwise worry/stress over. Figure out what/who is important to you and just focus your attention on that stuff. There may be 6 billion people in the world, but I only really focus on 4. Makes things easier. :thumb:

j

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Thanks for the help guys.
    I really like this girl, thats why it makes the situation harder. I don't want to mess things up because of a minor thing like me worrying or whatever.
    I will try not to sweat the small stuff, and relax. I will also stop apologizing all the time like you suggest Tom. I will see how your advice works, it is very good from what I can tell.
    Thanks!

14. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Be who you are and say what you want, because those that mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

I believe Dr Zeuss said that.

15. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Your young, it's typical.

The real worrying starts when you get married and have kids. It just gets better from there. Better live it up while you can Steve, there's plenty of horrible crap to come.

:D

16. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Get in a fight.

17. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Heres me.
    I use to worry alot and about eberything and everyone. DON'T cause odds are they don't give a flying $%#@ about you. All i did to release the stress is I write down all my thoughts and ideas every nite otherwise I can't hardly sleep. I also focus on my rig and my family, thats it.

Like the shirt says:
    "don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"

and alky helps me mellow my mind out but you still have the same problems in the morning, just now with a headache,LOL

18. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Well I am trying to to worry as much. It is working better I think, also I've had a better week.

19. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

You worry about tutus?

20. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

if y'all would stop posting tranny-can pics, maybe he wouldnt have so many issues in relation to his own fathers cross dressing which is obviously causing cross contamination into his cerebral cortex area of worrisome thinking...