Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Worst Customer Service EVER!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by badmix, Aug 28, 2006.

1. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Kennesaw Mountain. Worst customer service ever. Called to order bumpers. Said it would be a month, that was back in June, its Aug. goin on Sept. Everytime I called, it was like talking to a wall. Id say " wheres my bumpers, what phase of production are they in? etc etc" They would be like, "We dont know, when your number comes up they get em built, painted and sent out" I then asked "When will my number be up?" They would say " We dont know"

Freakin unreal. sadly they were the only ones that had a bumper I liked until I seen DIY4x4s bumpers, by this time , mine were already in production otherwise I wouldve cancelled.

I really try to give ppl the benefit of the doubt and give companies a chance, but with the wetmop personality and poor customer service skills, I have no idea how they are still in business.

On a side note.

Off Road Designs sent their order to me quickly and arrived on time and they sent email with tracking number, etc. This is how ya do business, not 1/2 assed way Kenneshaw does.

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

KMA has had a bad reputation for many years now. My advise to you is no matter what there excuse is if they owe you money get it back NOW.

3. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

I have a KMA multi-carrier on my K5. A pack of a$$ monkeys could have made a better bumper. Run fast, run far away from KMA.

4. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thats why I try to only deal with ck5 venders. I have ordered stuff from quite a few venders here with GREAT customer service.

5. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ding ding ding!!! WINNING ANSWER!!

6. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

well,they said my bumpers will ship tomorrow. So ill see how they are when I get em. Hope they are ok. I dont want ****ty bumpers on my truck. oh well.

guess I shouldve asked first here. lessons learned. :doah:

7. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Just so you know in the future. If you order something from someone and they have to build it and you get the same run a round.

what phase of production are they in? etc etc" They would be like, "We dont know, when your number comes up they get em built, painted and sent out" I then asked "When will my number be up?" They would say " We dont know"
    end quote

If they have not built it yet and they say "We dont know, when your number comes up they get em built, painted and sent out" Say then I am requesting a refund since they are not built and I have a deadline.

If you pay by credit card call the CC company. Tell them they haven't started to build it and can't give you a date. You want to cancel charge.

8. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Roger that. Hope they jus get here and are decent, if the quality was surperb than it may have been worth the wait, if not, im screwed and goin to be pissed, dunno what course of action if any I would have. Its not like shipping a broken Ipod, bumpers are truck freighted and all that. oh well. We shall see. Ill post pics and do a write up on my build up of my blazer. ive done quite alot to it over the past 4-6 months.

9. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

What he said!

10. 2BLAZERS

2BLAZERS 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Please keep us posted on if you receive it or not. I was looking at the multi carrier, and had exchanged e-mails. Was just hestitating at the total costs. I should just by a welder and other tools and do it myself.

11. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Illl keep updating this post. i called them today and it was like pulling teeth to get an ETA, they said they would have to go check the files, etc. I said, "well, get at it, I need to know when its coming" Im having it dropped off at a 4x4 shop that is doin the install. They finally sent me an email saying itll be here Thurs. But they didnt include a tracking number, big shock huh? I cant be dicking around with not knowing when it comes. Ill get some pics when it comes in. Im truely hoping the wait is worth it. We shall see.

12. Metrodps

Here is a great company

I know I have posted about mine before but in case you didn't see. This is before it was put on my truck!
    [​IMG]
    This was made by CRB Offroad Products the guy is great and was the best price I could find any where. Here is his web site http://crboffroad.com/ Contact him and tell him you heard about him on the CK5 forums and I referred you ( I get nothing off this).

He is one hell of a great guy to deal with. I went to his place to get mine and I felt like I knew the guy all my life.

You have nothing to lose by emailing him fastang87@hotmail.com or calling him 937-417-2759 BTW a lot less than $535.00

13. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Kyle has been hot and cold for years about getting out parts. I remember guys on the old ORML bitching about waiting months for stuff before there was even a CK5 website. If you search KMA on here there will lots of info. As to how he stays in bissness, at one point it was a sideline type of deal, but I haven't seen him in years, so I don't know now. I would not deal with him if I needed anything in a timely manner. I have seen him turn out some great stuff, but other times I've seen some that was not impressive.

14. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

thanks. Im hoping that the wait was worth the trouble. I have an ETA of tomorrow, so, ill go by and take a look and some snap shots.

15. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

:( Found this out today while searching around:

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s).

Wow, I did a google search for them. Man, every 4x4 site has them on their **** list.

I called the shipping company and they dont have the bumpers, apparently KMA goes thru a 3rd party place called FreightQuote, they inturn send info to AAA cooper to go get the bumper. I had to do all the legwork. I called KMA and said, "Wheres my bumpers, you said you would get me a tracking number (he cant get the number til its picked up)" he says he is busy and will email it to me later , of course he is getting a snotty attitude and telling me I need to have patience, I told him that Ive been patient and that I ordered these in June and was told it would take a month, he denies telling me it would be a month, I was like whatever. I said "Are my bumpers there?" He says "No, shipping company has them" I know for a fact this is a lie. The shipping company is suppose to pick it up today. They havent yet. So, im sure this jackass is waiting til they pick up the order and then send me the tracking info. This guy really burns my ass. Once I get the bumpers, if they are okay looking Im goin to file complaint with the BBB and anyone else that I can find. His customer service is the worst in the world, and I deal with customer service every day, on both ends of it. How they are still in business is really beyond me.

Boy am I regretting not searching b4 hand.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  16. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Anyone think it's just a coincidence that "KMA" is the acronym for something else, as well?

[​IMG]

17. Metrodps

^ :mad: ^ x2 on what he said!

18. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

And now with pics. I jus got the bumpers in today. The paint was still fresh, infact all the plastic wrap stuck to it. The bumpers were indeed heavy duty and the welds didnt seem too horrible. Fit was another story, I knew the rear needed some modifications to fit, the front was suppose to be a bolt on. Hardly. As you will see in the pics, they allow about 2-3" of mounting tab to hold an 80lb bumper with 60lb winch in place. One good bump and this would probably buckle the frame or rip the bolts off. And of course they forgot my shackles. When I called them about the shackles they said they would send some out. When I told them about the fit on the front, they instantly said my frame musta been modified, I was like, Its a bone stock vehicle, I had to take the factory bumpers off of it. Im hoping the shop can fix this and make it a stout mounted bumper. oh well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Metrodps

no comment! :ignore:

20. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Well I called them again and sent the pics. They said (if you look at the 2nd from the bottom pic) that the C notch in the bumper needs to go jus under the grill and over the lil white metal strip you see in the pics. So we do have it sitting too low. So, I went over to the 4x4 shop and we raised it up to where KMA said to. Its marginally better, still not enuff meat to mount IMO. I think the shop is goin to notch/cut the top of the bumper to get it to slide back further, he'll need to be sure the winch can still mount inside and not hit on anything. This front bumper is suppose to be a BOLT ON, Its not even close. There are ZERO holes drilled in either bumper. None for the fairlead, the winch itself or the mounting holes.

Pros:

Looks HD - time will tell
    Did include Nuts/Bolts (I thought this was nice of them lol)
    Cost (in the beginning)

Cons:

Horrible customer service
    Horrible lead time to build (was told 1 month , its been 3)
    Lies after Lies about products and shipping
    Not as stated - not true bolt on like I was lead to believe
    Paint not even close to being dried - wrapped plastic over wet paint
    Forgott part of my order - 4 HD shackles
    Zero instructions on what to trim on the rear (finally sent them thru Email after I inquired)
    Cost - In the beginning this was a decent deal, but after the horrorible customer service and now the cost of customizing it to fit, it wont be worth it.

Would I ever recommend them, HELL NO!!, Even if their bumpers were the best, their customer service is the absolute worst, nothing worse than being lied to. Was told the package shipped alread and when in fact I had the shipping company on the phone and they hadnt picked it up from the shop yet. I hate being lied to. The only saving grace was I actually got it.

AAA cooper and Freight Quote were good ppl to deal with , they all went outa their way to find the package and give me updates.