Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Worst Day Ever Pics (post 'em up!)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by midnitewarya, Jan 18, 2006.

1. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

Alright fellas, time to post up pics of what your rides looked like on their absolute worst day. (Or month, or year) Accidents, rollovers, rattlecan piant jobs, you name it, post it up.

Heres mine on a down day back in '04.

Downtown Tuscon + v10 Blazer =

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She's doin alright now. :eek1:

Al

Last edited: Jan 18, 2006
  2. absolute

absolute Registered Member

what happened here???

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just a car but bad day never the less..... 2004 4runner :(

ASimg_3814.jpg

4. midnitewarya

It was stolen and stripped, then left for dead in the desert south of Tuscon, AZ. They took my Goodyear MT/Rs, my rims, my seats, my stereo, my amp and subs, my grill, my headlights, my tranny cooler, and even a little rubber chicken I had hanging from the rearview. I had to get new gears in the axles, a new driveshaft, new faceplate for the instrument panel, and new glass on driver door and rear window.

I didn't know it, but apparently my truck is allergic to being stolen.

Al

5. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Is it just me or is that possibly the widest picture I've ever had on my screen :eek1:

Sure makes it hard to read the post.

I guess I'm never taking my blazer down to Tuscon :( . Theives suck!

6. midnitewarya

I think you might have had an error on your page. I loaded the pics up at home, and I'm looking at them from work right now. They loaded up nice and small here. Sorry 'bout that.

7. 89-Blazer

89-Blazer Registered Member

Nope,,,,,, it's HUGE on my screen too. The text spans clear accross my screen and I need to use the damn slide bar to finish reading the sentences lol...............

Mike

8. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The pics are side by side on my computer, very very wide but anyway here is a bad day, it was hot, humid and I had my daugther with us, there were three rigs all stuck in "blueberry clay" very far from anything and no cell service. I was a little scared that she would go into heat exhaustion and no way to get out, a lot of work hand wicnhing the jeep and toyota out, then both of them hooked up to me and we got out safe and sound.

[​IMG]

9. midnitewarya

Alrighty, imo fix 'em up when I get home tonite. Sorry bout that, I thought I had them nice and small. It's weird they show up small here at work though...I know it's frustrating, I hate it when people post billboards. I feel like such a newb. :D

10. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

They are the right size, it is just showing them all together side by side so it ends up being really wide.

11. midnitewarya

Fixed it!

12. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Not terrible but here is a good stuck. Went out at 9 or so that night. Got 3 rigs stuck in 10 minutes. I went across the swamp and parked on a null to go direct the other guys where not to to. Well he went there and got stuck so the 3rd guy backs up to him to pull out and gets stuck on the edge of the swamp. I go back to get my truck and it has been sinking that whole time and moved about 10 feet before pushing mud with the doors. A friend got the 2 rigs out but had to use Joe in his Scout II with chains on all corners to pull mine out at 5:30 the next morning. Spent the whole night working on it and gathering a plan to get mine out. Apparently the water table rises out there aroun 1 AM.
    http://coloradok5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14368&stc=1&d=1137627177
    http://coloradok5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14369&stc=1&d=1137627177
    http://coloradok5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14370&stc=1&d=1137627177

779182-Dsc00105.jpg

779185-Dsc00110.jpg

779186-Dsc00113.jpg

13. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Let me guess...They smashed open the steering column, and then jamed a screw driver into the ignition key cylinder? This is why I use a column coller lock. The minute most thiefs see this, they give up with out even trying. Plus I have a couple other theft deterants on top of that. It would take so long to figure out how to get my truck started, that 99.9% of thiefs will give up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

The day after i put it on its lid. had no top on, both windows were down, and the windshield shot out right as it went over, neither myself or the G/F had on a seat belt and somehow nobody came out. did bang my head on the ground out the open drivers window and she landed on me when it stopped.:doah: no one really hurteven though we were being unsafe ( and crocked):crazy: .
    now i am on a body swap that was supposed to take a weekend and has snowballed into 14 months and a fortune. should have just cut of the body, bent the frame straight, and made a truggy. too late now, and one of the replacement in progress at the bottom

Picture temp2 011.jpg

Picture temp2 003.jpg

truck 003.jpg

15. 1bad72

1bad72 Newbie

16. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

palm tree

[​IMG]

mutiple roll over at the dunes

[​IMG]

moie to come

17. mciahpv

mciahpv Registered Member

Maybe not worst day EVER, but a bad stuck none the less...

Took 4 hours of digging. Just before dark, a proud citizen of Deliverance Country wandered by (mind you we are MILES from anywhere someone would just be strolling by) with a Bud in hand and sort of gazed over the scene and muttered "Yep, the Grey Beast'll get 'er out." He then wandered off without another word. This initiated a frenzy of digging and mudslinging after I decided that nobody was getting anywhere near my pride and joy with anything named "The Grey Beast." Managed to dig out and run without ever encountering this mythical creature. After that, decided that lift and tires weren't just luxuries, they were SAFETY FEATURES.

blazerearly.jpg

18. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

The day I bought it, the grill was in the back, interior was Anialated, seat, headliner, gauge bezel, dash, guage lights didnt work, springs in the seat were busted, and on top of it, when the guy dropped it off he took his batterys out:crazy: oh and of course it was 6 different colors and smoked like a bastard

[​IMG]

19. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

those are 38's on the 'burb. went out 'wheeling after work alone. got stuck. walked through waist deep mud/water. then a couple miles later I got to a friend's house. and we spent the next couple hours slowly dragging it backwards with a highlift some chain and 5ft pipe for a handle extension.

73900013.jpg

20. tin man

tin man 1/2 ton status

So far I think that the theft and strip is the worst of the worst. I don't have any pictures but, my 85 burned up on the side of a freeway. My wife and kids were with me. It was late at night. Oh, did I forget to mention that I was towing a 20ft trailer with all of our stuff on it. We were moving to Az. That kind of threw a kink in my plans. Oh well! Live, learn, and get another truck (or two :laugh: ) as soon as you can.