Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Worst day ever!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by darkshadow, Jan 14, 2007.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

Friday was to be the last day in a little project me and a friend were doing for a Carl who i used to work for.

A small wall section on his bard was starting to lean, and he wanted to repair it befor it took the whole wall down., the section was bad because one of the roof suporting beam, met the wall above a window and a door in the wall witch is a week spot when the wood headder above the windows rots out.

SO me and my buddy scott, suported the beam with cables and pull the wall section out, formed the wall inside and out rebar ect, we were going to pour the wall solid, no window or door. we had the wall braced to hell, and a concreat truck with a conveyor coming so he could just sling the whole load into the wall no problem.

the only Two conserns were there was a slight slope to the feald and it was a little wet we were worryed he might brake loose and have to traction.

but were shold have been more worryed!

to get the truck into te feald on the side of the barn, he would have to drive up the drive towards the front of the barn and make a sharp turn left go along the front of the barn into the feald and along the side wall.

unfortunaly in fron of the barn was where they had dumped there horse crap for a hundread years, making a large soft spot, the track had to go inbetween that and the barn, needless to say he couldent quite make the turn and his back end started to cut into the soft spot and sink.

so now we have a truck with 5 yard of mud stuck on an angle.

we run nextdoor and get the guy who owns a front end loader, BIG BITCH too, try to pull the truck out, NO GO.

so maybe if we dump some concreat in to the loaders buckit and lightin the load it might come out. BUt the driver doesent want to stay, shows Carl how to drive itOK shovel that into the wall, go to pull the loader out, and it sinks, bad, try and get it out on a diferent track, and it sinks down tot he frame.

SH*T

run next door and a landscape crew is working get them to send a guy with a bobcat over.

he goes back and forth from the truck to the wall as Scott and I shovel the wall full, In this time it stats raining, making it more mucky, bock cat starts getting stuck in its own tracks, get the tractor out to push and pull the cat when it gets stuck 2/3 the way full the wall starts to buckel as we had to remove some bracing to get the bocbcat in close enuff. stop and fix the
    wall.

on its last load, the Cat got on an angle and airlocked its lines since it was low on fuel, and is stuck in the mud.

called a big rig towtruck out to pull the cement truck out. he was gone by about 9 at night got there at 2

bob cat got out the next day and the loader is still there.

I really dont think Any thing elce could have gone wrong, save someone DIEING.

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

:confused: When did the spell check get stuck?:D :haha:

3. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Just a thought, not trying to be a asshat here.

Please do a edit on that post, I am totally unable to understand it.

4. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

That's a ****ty deal, but a LOT could have gone worse.

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

sh*t, Dave's spellcheck hasnt worked for a LONG time.

6. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

I understood it and my grammar is usually ok...

But yeah that really sucks. Who flipped the bill for the tow rig? Atleast the wall didn't competely collapse. Have you gotten it finished now?

7. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

8. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

This post needs pics & spell check. It reminds me of one of those joke letters with all the screwed up spelling and grammar.

Glad no one got hurt-at least not until someone gets the wrecker bill!

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

Damn,Dave!!!thats fooked up.i have tried that lighten the load stuff. i don't work.stuff like that makes me wanna quit working on stuff.:haha: