Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Worst reason you got pulled over for?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by UseYourBlinker, Feb 27, 2002.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I got pulled over for my tailight's being to bright. WTF? isn't that a good thing? Also no front license plate...

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>I'm Discombobulated </a>

2. wheelnut46

wheelnut46 1/2 ton status

been pulled over and my car searched. Cops tore it apart - pulled out the back seat, dumped the glovebox all over the floor. Rooted through everything. Just had to shut up and keep my hands on the hood. They never told me what they stopped me for, just told us to clean up the mess and go.

Bill
    '77 GMC Jimmy
    '46 chevy pickup
    '67 Chevelle Malibu

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I peeled out around a corner in my car... i gues si deserved it. But no ticket just a warning. My friend got pulled over for driving with his foot out the driver side window i dont know how he pulled that off but the cop said "son you trying to pull some stunt drivin?" and let him off with a warning too

87 Custom Deluxe
    305/Sm465/ NP208
    4.56 , 6"susp, 35" BFG Muds, CatCo Cat & Series 40 delta flow 3" tips.

4. BigBadCad

BigBadCad 1/2 ton status

Well not really pulled over, but a county sheriff told my wife to pull over at checkpoint at the USDA Predator Research facility where she works so he could look inside the truck. It turns out he is thinking of buying a GMC Sonoma crewcab like ours and wanted to check it out.... even asked if he could sit in the back seat. It's too bad we have to waste police time and tax dollars to guard a Predator Research facility (coyotes) against PETA threats 24/7. Personally I think they should feed the coyotes any trespasser caught on the premises.

1980 chevy 4x4 1-ton crewcab, 500 caddy, York OBA...work in progress.

5. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Driving a rented Lincoln Towncar with Arizona plates on the interstate northbound through Pueblo Colorado. He said " You didn't UseYourBlinker" , but that was just an excuse to search me for drugs. I am positive I Used MyBlinker.

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds1" Body Lift W/ Energy Susp. Bushings<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Greenblazer-AZ on 02/27/02 08:57 PM.</FONT></P>

6. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I got pulled over for being too muddy...
    I cleaned my license plate, licghts and windows so i could see...

He followed me to the carwash and watched me put 5 bucks in quarters in and begin to spray it off..

It was that or paying a 113 dollar ticket for throwing mud all over... dont know how i could of... it was all dry...

7. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

This isnt about getting pulled over but..... somehow my lug nuts snapped when i went around a corner about 2 years ago, and my tire fell off, the cops stopped, and were looking at my truck., i had expired tags, but i had mud all over my license plate, so they joked around about giving me a ticket for improper display or some crap, and never ticketed me for expired tags

If you dont make it the first time, Drink another beer, and press a little harder on the gas

8. calcide

calcide 1/2 ton status

I got pulled over at night once because the rear shocks on my car were disconnected from the differential and when I took a turn the ends would hit the ground and throw sparks...

<font color=red>When in doubt, empty the magazine. </font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/calcide>http://www.geocities.com/calcide</a>
    1983 K5 Blazer Silverado, 6.2L Diesel

9. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

10. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i got pulled over in the good old town of lodi ca for the tail lights being dim...they were not our...just dim..wtf is that all about...i know LODI PD are bored but my god give me a break..oh yea this other time got stopped for doin 120 in a 45..i cant figure that one out either

<font color=green>Chaz</font color=green>

[​IMG]<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chaz88k5>http://community.webshots.com/user/chaz88k5</a>[​IMG]

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I"ve had 24 tickets in my life. Most were for stupid stuff like 10 mph over the speed limit. The ones I really HATE are the seatbelt ones. I mean come on, if I want to take my own life in my own hands, that should be my right not the governments right?

But a few stand out in my mind:

1) Ran from the cop when he threw his lights on in the other lane. I was in a 4 cyl toyota, he was in a 5.0 L mustang. He was NOT happy when he caught up. That was stupid on my part

2) Pulled over riding a Banshee on the side of the road in 1st gear from one driveway to another. He wrote me for no insurance. WTF are ya supposed to do? Rent a trailer?

3) About a month ago, pulled over for busted out headlight. Thing is, it was in the car with daytime running lights, and it was about 3 pm. I'm not running it at night till I get it fixed. I HATE daytime running lights.

4)Got stopped out on the plains of west texas one day on a seat belt violation. When I rolled the window down, he said he could smell weed. Well since I dont do weed, I said no you cant. Pissed him off and he made me and my buddies get out, stripped everything out of the truck, called in the k9 unit, searched my truck, left everything out there, and told me to pack it up and get out of there. Said they had probable cause, wtf? We had been eating mcdonalds, maybe that's it.

Btw, I'm 23. I get profiled for everything. Get searched at every possible place in airports, get searched at security checks, get pulled over all the time. Sucks. Guess I fit the wrong MO

<font color=red>Sherman, Tx</font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/capn_insano79>http://community.webshots.com/user/capn_insano79</a>
    IT'S ALIVE!!!

12. Toledo

Toledo 1/2 ton status

Well this isnt truck related but last night while fishing in Port Tampa we were stopped by US customs. They called in our Florida drivers license # to somewhere and when they got the call back 2 minutes later they started getting a little nervous. They found out the exact conditions of a crime i was charged with as a juvenile in Louisiana eight years ago all within a few seconds. Needless to say they questioned the hell out of us and searched my boat. When i questioned him as to how they could do that he wouldnt say anything but that it could haunt me. Kinda crappy i think.

13. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

my dad had a '76 1/2 ton chevy with a 6" and 36" mud terrains on it and a 102" buggy whip i the bed with a red light on the end. you do the math 102" whip in the bed of a truck with 6" lift and 36" tires. he got pulled over for having a red light showing toward the front of the vehicle. the cop made him remove the bulb before he could leave.

--Scott, 1989 GMC Suburban 2500 4" lift, 36" TSLs
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/muddysub>http://community.webshots.com/user/muddysub</a>

14. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey Eric, must have been Rosette huh ?

1989 blazer, 383 stroker, D44 / 14FF, 4.56, locked, 35 BFG mud
    Scott

15. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

138 in the 55 in a 1970 Z28 Camaro... enough said.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

16. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

No licence plate light!?!?!?!

My ex girlfriend was driving and my blazer was all muddy. It was midnight. She was driving without her licence on her.
    I asked the cop why he pulled us over, and he kinda thought i was back talking him or something.
    He was like "why is she driving if this is your truck!?"
    HE musta thought i was drunk and (being responsible and smart) having my g/f drive me home.
    Another cop car showed up and they went back to the car with my licence and registration, insurance... And took like 10 minutes before coming back to the truck.
    The one cop was like "Ahhh get him outta the truck" And the other cop made me get out of the truck. I walked up to him and was like yes whats up sir? and he asked me "can you step over here please" made me take like 5 steps. and then he said get back in the vehicle. the other cop gave me my papers and licence back and said have a nice night. I was like wait a minute dude, WTF!?!?!?

[Real Men Don't Care About Gas Mileage Or Rapid Tire Wear!]<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albuo19>
    MY 1972 K/5</a>
    RyanB.

17. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

this is a long one, and i am very lucky to not be in jail for it.
    my first night in cali i drove through a gas station to cut a light(1), failed to yeild(2), failed to stop(3 &amp; 4), speeding(5) 10 over(6) 20 over(7) dangerous start((8) barking of tires) wreckless driving(9) illegal lane chanes(10) conciled weapons(11 &amp; 12 &amp;13) exesive amoundt of amunition conciled(14).
    14 counts of me having fun. i got off with a ticket for 10 over because it was my first night in cali, and the cop who pulled me over was a marine. as am i. so the weapons he let go. the rest he lectured me on for about an hour and searched my truck. i got off on the weapons because they were all locked down and taken apart. lucky for me i got a NICE cop.

second bad violation for me was a minor over the .05 BAC.
    but this i also lucked out on. i got fined 25 dollars for court fees and had to go to a 1 hour class($20) and an 8 housr class($75). then had to pay about 60 dollars in parking for 4 court visits and the 3 charges were dropped to one and it was droped to a infraction(might as well have been a j-walking ticket) lost my license in CA for a year, turned to 6 months suspended 6 months restricted.

all in all i am VERY lucky.
    Grant

take me drunk, i am home
    www.geocities.com/seventy4blazer/parts4sale.html

18. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Along time ago in a land far, far away........................before I was a cop......I got pulled over for doing 124 in a 55 (455cid Buick in a 67 F-100). I saw the Trooper and thought "I can lose this guy and take the next exit before he can turn around." WRONG...I got a HUGE ticket for that one. They even asked me about that when I got hird on as a Deputy. I attributed it to juvenile indiscretion. (Which it was.)

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/>http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/</a>Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.

19. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

131mph (so says the trooper) in a 2001 Freightliner on I-26 in South Carolina on Christmas Eve last year. Cluck Cluck here comes my chicken truck!!!

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>

20. 4x4machine

4x4machine Registered Member

Well back this summer, I worked at a Chevrolet dealership. The brand new 2002 Bonnyvilles just came in off the truck, so I decieded to take the supercharged one for a rip. I went down a back road that was about 2miles long, and tested what she could do. Well this cop musta been eaten donuts behind a set of bushes becuase I got a 95mph in a 30mph. Also he thought I stole the car becuase what is an 18 year old doing in a $50k car? Got a mother of a ticket, had to show up in court, but I got it reduced quite a bit.

Drive It Like Its Stolen