Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WORST STUCK

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Jun 18, 2002.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Lets hear some worst stuck or broken or anything like that storys

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Uhm before I got new batteries I got stuck in the garage once until I charged the old one back up.... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

OH MAN did you hurt anything lol
    sorry guy I forgot CHEVROLETS dont get stuck or breakdown

4. calcide

calcide 1/2 ton status

My Blazer got stuck in the auto parts store parking lot. One of my front tires dropped into a pot hole when I parked and one of the rear wheels was on a slick patch of ice. Open rear diff and no front driveshaft at the time. This was also with my 37" swampers.

Luckily it was only stuck for about a minute or two before it pulled itself out. It would have been bad to have to call someone to pull me out over THAT.

5. eldon519

eldon519 1/2 ton status

I was on a trail once with some shallow-looking mudholes. Got out poked them with a big stick, seemed safe enough. Drove in a sunk my 38s, couldn't open my door either. A few little local kids came by and told me about the holes. Some guy digs them out with a bobcat to trap trucks, rumor is you can't even make it through with 44s. One of the kids told me he'd lost 2 pairs of shoes in those holes and his friend lost his bicycle.

6. eldon519

eldon519 1/2 ton status

Forgot to mention, it was my Ford, maybe that's why it got stuck /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

7. mudrunner78

mudrunner78 1/2 ton status

Ok when the M1008(1 1/4 chevy) was replaced by the hummvee, we were still using the trucks along with hummvees, well I decided to mount some of the goodyear 36's on the M1008 rims, made a pretty capable rig. So we are in Hoenfelds Germany, I am driving around to all the traing areas looking and disposing of UXO(I was EOD). Well Hoenfelds has some pretty nasty roads/trails/firebreaks that are chewed up by tanks all the time. There was one hole that we never tried to go thru and ended up always taking the long route around to get to the mortar range. This day we decided were going thru(ok it was my call) So I back way up throw the transfer in High and pick 2nd gear running start will help, sure plenty of moumentum, well make it for sure. Well we made it right to the middle of a 150 foot long hole that was about 6 1/2 feet deep. Thank good for the radio, oh know the truck shorted, no radio. Well I humped back to range control, got the new M1026 hummvee, anf tried to pull out the truck, first off the winch is only rated for 6000lbs I learned of this as the winch is stalling, well my partner the NCOIC (had one month on me for DOR) decides first to burn up the winch, then to try to use the cable and pull with the hummvee, well that lasted about 3 mins before the cable was broke and the hummvee ended up about teh same spot in the hole. Now we can't get help without walking. I hear a convoy rolling and low and behold a 88 wrecker( tank recovery vehicle) was in the convoy. So they get some laughs and pull both thrucks out with little problem, on the way home the same convoy was trying to recover a bradley sunk to its turrent. Life was got back at the wash rack. Jesse

8. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

so far the worst has been quicksand in the rivers

[​IMG]

9. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I was going down this trail I've been down a 1000 times before in Washington State.......Hmmmmm.............As the trail narrows while it goes down hill and there is a tree that over hangs the trail, Well normally I could just go right under the tree branch and clear it by1'-1-1\2'...........Hmmmmmm....... Forgot that this trip I wasn't in my P.O.S. Heep w/36's and 5" lift.....Nooooo.....I was in my K5 now and for got that I just lifted it 10"'s w/42's............Whooooopssssss! Needless to say I got stuck undr that tree and dented my roof real bad and had to cut that branch down to get out......I couldn't move either way I was moving too fast that it actually compressed my suspension quite a bit! So now I always check the trail no matter what I driving!
    Bill C /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Alright, its pretty embarrasing. About a mile from my house is an irrigation canal that feeds most of the local farms. The canal is filled from the San Joaquin River only when water is needed. The canal had just been drained so was just nice and slimy on the bottom. I had just gotten my lift and 33's and locker, and I thought I could go anywhere. After spending a few hours climbing in and out of the thing (the banks are quite steep and about 7' tall) we decide to take my buddy's nissan sentra AWD down there, we ended up ripping the entire exhaust off behind the doors, he found a low spot to climb out of and I stayed to play in the really deep stuff left in a few holes. The bottom was pretty firm so I felt confident in my ability to make it through the standing water. I started about 25' from the edge and gunned my way in an promptly sank to the doors, I had to climb out the windows and walk 2 miles to get my brother and a John Deere 4x4 tractor to pull me out. I spent about 8 hours cleaning the mud out of everything only to find the next that one of my side walls had been slashed /forums/images/icons/frown.gif by something in the mud. $135 later for a new tire I now learned where the worst of it is and go and get my friends stuck in it instead /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

12. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i got stuck in my back yard one time....

the suburban was completely stock at the time and there was 2' of mud in my backyard so i went out to see what she could do. i got the front right tire in a hole about 2' deep and the frame was sitting on the ground. i could back up about 3' and when i did i hit the ground with my hitch. i couldn't steer to get away from the hole cuz my PS pump blew in the mud. so i went back and forth until the hitch gouged the ground enough that i was totally stuck. i had it floored for about 3-4min total and finally got her out when the mud dried up a little. i've never been stuck anywhere else.

my dad got the suburban stuck in the snow one time. he got high centered on a berm by the road while trying to turn around. (131" wheelbase, stock suspension and 31" bfg ATs) he was stuck for about 10 minuites and every one else was outside the sub watching. when he finally got off the berm he was on the wrong side of it (the road was on the other side) so he went out into the field and spun it around, floored it and hit the berm at 25mph and flew across the road. VERY IMPRESSIVE!! i thought my dad was the man after that one, the sub was fine and we were on our way. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

13. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

Once when wheeling in uncharted territoryI came up to a small jump off the side of the trail .I goosed it and caught about 5 feet of air when I landed in a cemetary on 3 grave stones .One of the stones came up through the bed and the other came up through the engine bay (crushed oil pan anp pump and ripped the exhaust manifold right off) After paying $300 for the back hoe and $3000 for the stones and $1000 for lawyer fees Id have to say that was my worst stuck ever................

14. greatwhitenorth

greatwhitenorth 1/2 ton status

This is my worst breakdown.. Right after I swapped out my old 14FF for one with brand new brakes. Never bothered to check if both outer wheel bearing retainer rings were installed correctly.

[​IMG]

No more assumptions about what the mechanic *should* have done.

Took 6 hours in the Lordco parking lot to get everything back together - the spindle was made somewhat into an oval /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

15. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

in reply to

$300 for the back hoe and $3000 for the stones and $1000 for lawyer fees

You win!!!!

/forums/images/icons/wink.gif tom

16. tacoma972

tacoma972 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

i prefer this one txbluethunder

17. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    thanks cassidy /forums/images/icons/mad.gif i was hoping that one got lost /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

18. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

That pic reminds me a bit of the time I sank my K5 (at the time stock) crossing the "shallow" creek at the Pismo dunes. It was up to my waist (I'm 6'4'') and filled all 8 cyl. with salt water. Worst of all I got pulled out by a F**D! Also one time I got my front axle hooked over a landscaping rock in front of the sherrif's station and it took 2 hours to get it unstuck. Surprisingly none of the sherrif's entering or leaving the station even stopped to ask what I was doing!

19. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

My worst stuck was at Frank Raines orv area last year.I bent up my rear driveshaft realy good and didnt have a spare.Chaz88K5 called his bro in Lodi (an hour away) and had him bring me a spare that Chaz had.Saved my arse big time /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

20. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

Well gee I've been stuck good so many times it's hard to count. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Well one time I decided to take the whole family in-laws included out for a midnight romp on the dunes in my 89 Suburban. Unfortunately the wind had changed the dunes quite a bit and I tried to climb a razor back at a angle. After my truck listed over 50 degrees or more and dug in deep on the down hill side, my father in law wanted to go home. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif After susessfully being able to back down with out rolling the truck I convinced them it was all part of wheelin (myself, I almost pissed my pants but they'll never know) /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif . On the way back I drove down a razor back into a ridge which caught my front right tire and jerked the wheel all the way to the right and stopped the truck with the whole weight of the truck on the front right tire. To make matters worse the wheel compressed all the way into the fender and the fender edge was poking into the side of my tire preventing it from turning back the other direction. After two hours of digging (Father in law doing most of the work) I placed a scissor jack in between the front right spring and the frame to lift the truck off of that wheel so I could turn and drive out of it. I think the worst part of all is I was maybe half a mile from home and all my friend knew I was out there. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif