Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

worth it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NEK5, May 16, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

is it worth looking for a more solid truck, either a blazer or shortbed stepside that is better than mine in all areas or would it be better to just fix my truck up, which i would kinda rather do because you can upgrade at the same time?? IMO i dont think it is but wanted to hear your opinions?

2. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

Man, just wheel what you got till you roll it. My k5 is in mediocre condition at best. A little rust here and there, always something that needs to be done, and built to play. If I wanted a show truck, I would have bought one with little rust and minimul problems. There would be no way that I would want to get it dirty.

3. DirtyJim

DirtyJim 1/2 ton status

just fix the one you got. if you do get a different one who knows what you will find once you start digging into it. atleast with this one you know whats wrong. so long as your frame isn't rotten out its fixable.

4. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

No offense man, but go buy a new truck. You want to. Badly. And you keep posting questions along this line hoping someone will tell you to. So I take back my advice from your previous posts, and I say again, go buy a new truck!

Money doesn't seem to be a concern, you're young, I'm assuming without a wife, kid's or house. It's burning a hole in your pocket.

We all need to learn the hard way, it's the way of the world...then in 3 years and as many trucks you, with all your worldly experience will tell some 17 year old what we've all been telling you. We've all been there, it's your turn...:D

5. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

:bow: STEPSIDES :bow:

Car Pictures 007.jpg
    1978 Chevrolet Cheyenne.jpg
    1979 Chevrolet Pickup.jpg
    1982 Chevrolet Pickup.jpg
    1986 Chevrolet Pickup.jpg

Car Pictures 007.jpg

1978 Chevrolet Cheyenne.jpg

1979 Chevrolet Pickup.jpg

1982 Chevrolet Pickup.jpg

1986 Chevrolet Pickup.jpg

6. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

well u guys were right that i wanted to get rid of it, but since then i have changed my mind, and after the speech i got today, i dont ever want to buy another truck unless its a 1995 or up that isnt in better condition than the one i got! i might as well just stick with what i got, besides, i`m having fun(kinda) and learning how to fix stuff, which would be good for the future...ad besides if i had nothing to fix then i wouldnt beable to browse ck5 on my days off:D :D

fireplug you had me read at first but i have strongly changed my mind, i`ve had a couple people look at it and we came up with a list of stuff that neede attention, first being floors,rockers and we realized it isnt all that much, besides, my truck is too "known" in the area to get rid of it...in a good and bad way i suppose, and if i did do it then that the guy i bought it from and his friends wont take me 4wheeln:( unless i get a jeep:eek1: :eek1: which will never ever happen as of the other day:D :D

thanks for all the advice as i think i`ve already made the best decision

7. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah I know hat you are talking about! If I sold my truck, everyone I know and people that I don't will come up and ask what the hell happened to it. Everyone seems to know me for my truck.

8. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Now THAT is the attitude I wanna see! Right on, have fun wheeling, and learning! Oh yeah and surfing CK5 too! :D