Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

worth it?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by MUDNUTT, Mar 17, 2004.

1. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

guy i work with, his brother has an 84(i think) 1/2 ton 4x4 with a 6.2 and a 4 speed. he wants 2500 for it. i didnt look at it real close but i plan on going back and checking it out again. what i need to know is if 2500 sounds reasonable for it?

deck

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Sounds pretty good is the engine is solid. The 6.2L/SM465 is a tough combo to find.

I paid $3400 for my Burb. It's just a 2wd, but it had a recent injection pump and TH400.

3. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

It all depends on how good of shape it's in. I bought an '86 K10, 6.2L, SM465 pickup last year for $2600, and it had a rebuilt motor. I did end up selling it for $3000. The body was fairly nice, except for a couple of large dents in the bed.

So, depending on the body, it could be priced about right. Not a steal, but about right.

Does it have the SM465 or the light duty overdrive tranny 4 speed manual?

Casey

4. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

like i said i have to go back and check it out better. it was gettin late the day we were talking about it. he did say that it runs well, but he said it needs new fuel tanks because the old ones are rotted out.

deck

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

If the fuel tanks have rotted out there is a good probability that other areas of the body have started to as well.