Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

worthless coworkers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryan22re, Aug 18, 2005.

1. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

does anybody have a problem at work with their coworkers being worthless?

i say this because i took the last two days off and when i come back my stalls are a mess, they let the work pile up..like 50 cars havent even been in the shop, not to mention there are still cars here from monday when i took off. there are 9 techs, each has two stalls, but it always seems that i am the only one working. i sent an ecotec head to the machine shop to have the bent valves replaced and two exh. studs drilled out. i sent the head friday, and i was expecting the head to be ready to put on today. its not like i cant drill out the studs, but it would have been nice to have the head ready to put on today. with all the other work i have i just dont have time to do it. oh well thats enough pissing in the wind for today.

and i write this on my "lunch break" (15 mins) so i can get some of this work out of the shop.

ryan

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Hard to soar w/ the eagles lately huh? We all go through that at some time or another.

3. Kiwi John

Kiwi John 1/2 ton status

Gave up on the concept of co-non-workers and went self employed. Now I've only got myself to blame.

4. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

paid by the job? Or is everyone hourly and you the only one that works? Do the work you want and leave the rest. When enough builds up boss man will see about someone else doing it. Just takes enough time and less in bosses pocket.

5. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

i get paid a flat rate per every hour of work completed. there is one guy with a 30 hour guarantee. you can guess what he does all day. since we have a computer dispatching system, you cant pick and chose what you do.

im not sure that my boss has ever said thanks for working so hard since i regularly draw twice as many repair orders as the next guy.

perfect example...i finished 12 repair orders on sat. and the other two techs working that day finished 10 between the two of them.

ryan

6. Kiwi John

Kiwi John 1/2 ton status

No. I think you misunderstood. (No offence). I had the same gripe as Ryan so I set up my own business and work for myself now. I am the boss. I make the appointments, I do the work, I get paid. In terms of one-man-band: I am the band.

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

HELL YES I AM TIRED OF IT:mad: :mad: :mad:

ARE YOU SURE WE DONT WORK AT THE SAME PLACE OR ARE LONG LOST BROTHERS???????????:confused:

8. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

could be both

ryan