Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

would an 86 silverado have criuse?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bryguy00b, Mar 22, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

my signal/wiper switch has the button on the side od it and a little toggle switch on it...thats for criuse right...how do i work it to see if it even works? (i doubt it does)

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

yes cruise, will say on SPId label in glovebox if is factory installed and not a column swap by a p/o

you flip the switch to where it says ON and then you depress the button on end of the turn sig handle when you get up to 55 or whatever, it will remember this speed that you turn it on at so when you ever want to cruise at that speed again then you flip hold over to resume and then let go

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

which way is on? the labels are worn off of the lever...

4. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

The switch should be a 3 position switch. It will be:

OFF-ON-RESUME(or coast, basically, if you push it all the way to the right it will go back to the speed you last had the cruise set at)

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

The third position is called "resume/accelerate" and the button will slide over to position 3 but if you let it go it will slide back to the "On" position.

While cruising you can use the position 3 to accelerate and bump up your cruise speed.