Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Would have been cheaper to take the Blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer79, Jul 27, 2001.

1. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I'm pissed. My daily driver is a 1989 2wd Toyota Truck. I took it on a 100 mile round trip to visit a few clients. The gas for this trip costs me about $9. The gas for that same trip on the Blazer would be about $20 ($11 more).

On my way back, it was raining and passed through a "falling rocks" area. There were just a few pebbles (about 2"-3") and tried to avoid them, but my rear tire went over one of them. The results? Bent wheel and a hole in my $50 Pirelli P6000 tire. [​IMG] Besides, I had to pull over and change the tire in the middle of the rainy night risking myself to get robbed since I was carrying a good amount of cash.

I'm sure I wouldn't even have felt them with the Blazer, but cheap me had to take the fragile truck instead of the strong Blazer.

Sorry, had to vent.

PS What kind of wheels should I get instead of the stock iron wheels in my truck? I've bent too many wheels now and want to go with something stronger, but cheap. Those are 14" x 5" (or 5.5") 5 lug wheels.

<font color=purple>//////
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com>blazer79.freeyellow.com</a></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Sell the Toyota and get another Blazer!!! [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>

3. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

damn wes your mean

Engineers up!