Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Would it be bad customer service...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, May 22, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

To pull the van over in the parking lot of a competing hotel and tell some old bitch to walk her ass to the hotel?

I got a call at about 9:30 tonight to go to the Avis Rental car place and pick up a guest... I go out there, wait 15 minutes, and say screw this, I'm not waiting any longer... I wasn't back at the hotel for more than 2 minutes before the phone rang, it was the person calling to say they decided to fill the car's gas tank up and I need to go back for them... So I get out there at 10, when I'm supposed to be getting off... I go through downtown, the slow way back to the hotel, at the guests request... They are grilling me on my knowledge of Cheyenne, Wyoming, Colorado, the wild west, the moon, the mating rituals of the south african mosquito, etc....

Then the younger one asks if I was going to school here in Cheyenne... I said I was going to, but my plans and priorities changed and I just enlisted in the National Guard. then the old b**ch pipes up "Well that was just a STUPID thing to do! You're going to be going to Iraq and getting killed. What were you thinking?"

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

So at this point I'm wishing I didn't have a truck payment... and a cell phone bill every month... because I wanted to pull the van over right where it was at, in front of our competing hotel, give that old whore a piece of my mind, toss her stuff out of the van, and tell her to walk her wrinkled ass back to the hotel...

Insulting the person nice enough to make TWO trips to the car rental place to pick her ass up... I'd like to know just who the [darn] she thinks she is /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

That's all... I was just wondering if y'all think It'd be bad customer service to make her walk "home" /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

no, in fact the customer is usually wrong. tell that b*tch to tell her story walkin and get the hell out of your car.

but be sure to add: "have a nice day and thank you for using Avis. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif remember you work in "customer service" they dont specify what kind of service. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

Why lower yourself, you did the right thing by not allowing someone to bring out the worst in you. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Sadly many Americans think of only themselves and cant fathom why anyone would risk their lives to serve our country or anything for that matter. Take comfort knowing you can keep your composure and that you are headed in the right direction /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sadly many Americans think of only themselves

[/ QUOTE ]
    well in this case she is thinking of him isnt she?

[ QUOTE ]
    you're going to be going to Iraq and getting killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

tell your mom you are going to iraq...i bet she will say the same thing. The woman probably liked you and didnt want you to die.

I dont want anyone here to die. Am i an unamerican sombich?

6. bigyellowjimmy

"well in this case she is thinking of him isnt she?"

No, she was expressing how Capman should think of himself above his country and stay here, where its "safe" (interestingly enough far more American citizens died on 9/11 in one of the most secure office buildings in America than have died fighting terrorism in the middle east). She was expressing that the war on terror isnt important enough to go over and die.

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you're going to be going to Iraq and getting killed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"tell your mom you are going to iraq...i bet she will say the same thing. The woman probably liked you and didnt want you to die.

I dont want anyone here to die. Am i an unamerican sombich?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but every one of us is going to die. Better come to grips with it.

7. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

you have a very twisted world perspective...

"She was expressing that the war on terror isnt important enough to go over and die."

Then why didnt she say that? She didnt? I wonder why. Mabye. Just mabye. Thats not what she meant to say. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And that comes from someone who doesn't vote and is proud of it. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

9. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    And that comes from someone who doesn't vote and is proud of it. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It comes from someone who drives around at 5am singing out the windows about something that ultimately relates back to poop. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

One of these days when you grow up and get to see the real world, hopefully you will see where us old folks are coming from.

11. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

From a business perspective, <font color="red"> YES </font> , it would be bad customer service to insult her, kick her to the curb, and roll. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif
    From a personal perspective, It would be <font color="red"> HIGHLY </font> satisfying to politely thank her for her opinion, stop at the nearest curb, and ask her politely to exit the vehicle. Then "Thank you for using Avis" her and calmly drive off into the night. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Why stoop to her level of ignorance and degrade her? To me, the above treatment carries more psychological impact than telling her to [darn] OFF straight to her face. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

12. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]

"She was expressing that the war on terror isnt important enough to go over and die."

Then why didnt she say that? She didnt? I wonder why. Mabye. Just mabye. Thats not what she meant to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe our soldiers are fighting for our freedom, without them fighting for us, we would not be free. If we are not willing to die for our freedom we wont stay free. Since you are so worried about not getting a square deal living with mommy and daddy and trying to decide which color rice burner to drive someone else is gonna have to fill your shoes. Signing up for the military and fighting for our freedom is honorable, intelligent, wise and selfless. Why try to talk someone out of doing that? Capman believes in what he's doing and he doesnt need an old hag that doesnt even know him to try and tell him differently. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

13. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Capman believes in what he's doing and he doesnt need an old hag that doesnt even know him to try and tell him differently. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

im just saying that you are taking a statement like "Lets build a tree house" and reading it into "lets start an army of black people to rape our daughters and kill our sons"

You gotta understand. I deal with people all the time, 9 tims out of 10, they dont know what the hell they are talking about, much less out to get you with a hidden political agenda.

"Why try to talk someone out of doing that?"
    Do what you want. But dont take it out on other people just cause they arent as brave as you.

14. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]
    old b**ch pipes up "Well that was just a STUPID thing to do! You're going to be going to Iraq and getting killed. What were you thinking?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Im reading something into this?????????????? She tells a volunteer ready to fight for her freedom that what he's doing is stupid and you dont think he should be mad, just happy she is so concerned about him? Im the one with a messed up perspective?

15. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The woman probably liked you and didnt want you to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't so much that she was worried about me getting shipped off and killed. It was the fact that she just outright called me frickin STUPID for my choice /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I'll probably never see that woman again and couldn't care less if she liked me or worries about me getting shot, but I'll certainly think of her whenever the subject of people who piss me off comes up... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

16. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I dont want anyone here to die. Am i an unamerican sombich?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

And a stupid sombitch to boot.

17. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Then why didnt she say that? She didnt? I wonder why. Mabye. Just mabye. Thats not what she meant to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess indirectly, that is what she meant to say. She's expressing displeasure with a persons conscious (and most likely proud) decision to join our military.

Now, by her outburst, she's either
    1. assuming he's stupid and has no idea what's going on in the world that he would put himself at risk
    ~or~
    2. expressing her political disagreement with the war in an insulting manner.

Either way, it's clear she disagree's with the war by the very way she's generalizing it as every military individual that goes to Iraq is killed.

What I perceive from reading exploder boy's post (/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif), is that she's an individual that actually *does* expect other people to serve her (consciously or not, directly or indirectly), and that these people should be faceless and nameless. Not that surprising, just part of America's developing culture of shrugging off any personal responsibility.

She really had no business telling you it was stupid.

18. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Let's talk about customer service for a bit. When I send someone out on a job I expect them to be on time, curtious, and to do the job to the best of their ability. I also expect them to complete the job in a timely fashion. If they have done all that and the stupid freaking customer decides it isn't enough and wants to taunt my employee or harass him about his personal life, then they should expect to get what ever my employee decides to dish out. If that includes a tounge lashing or getting dumped on the side of the road then so be it. The only thing you should take into consideration is that you don't want to put the freaking idiots in the way of harm by doing so. It may result in a lawsuit. If need be, stop the vehicle, call your supervisor and tell them to get out here quick with another car.

You will find out later in life that it is not in your best interest to talk to customers about anything but the business at hand. If they push you for answers about your personal life, just tell them it's not store policy to engage in conversation with the customers. Better yet, tell them you are deaf and dumb...

Ya know guys? It seems that a person can't talk about anything around here anymore without getting flamed because of thier opinions on Fricking Iraq or Fricking Bush. If I were King for a day I'd nuke the middle east first and Washington DC second. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

19. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd nuke the middle east first and Washington DC second. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

texas second...nothin special down there

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'd nuke the middle east first and Washington DC second. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

texas second...nothin special down there

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah hell, here we go. Better call 911 and get the fire department there and the PD on standby, you just don't go around saying stuff about the Republic of Texas on a scale like that without expecting 3/4's of the residents of said Republic to come 'educate' ya on the errors of your thinking process........