Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Would it be bad if....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RustBuket, Aug 28, 2003.

1. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I overfilled my tranny with fluid? It comes up past the full mark by quite a bit and I'm so lazy and don't really want to mess with draining some off its it not that big a deal. Will I be hurting anything? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep, it's hard on it because it causes air bubbles in the tranny which generate extra heat.

85K5 3/4ton,14boltFF,10bolt,9"lift, 35"boggers, 16.5x14 welds, big horse 406SBC/700R4 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

Easy way to drain transmission fluid is crack a tranny cooler line and start it up for a little bit to drain some atf out of the tranny. To not be a messy job, use 3/8 fuel hose and a milk jug to collect the tranny fluid. That way you can see what you drained out and you can go from there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Just loosen the line at the radiator, start it up, and shut it off real fast. I'd run a rubber line from the line into a drain pan though, otherwise it'll spray all over.

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

And it's hard on your driveway when you park your truck and all the pressure that's built up inside your tranny gets vented(along with a bunch of ATF) onto the pavement or concrete below.

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

This is while running in Park HOT it's over filled? It will read high with the engine off.

7. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Yes, its with the engine running. I'll do that then.