Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Would it be possible to convert a trailer?

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by Pookster, May 26, 2004.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I have a open trailer now, but have thought about it numerous times that having an enclosed trailer might be more handy. From the many a times I've been in an enclosed trailer (including u-hauls), its nothing more than a frame with sheet metal/fiberglass board on the sides.

Given that I already have stake pockets on the side for 2x4's, would it be out of the question to build one on top of my trailer that could be assembled and disassembled in pieces? Im thinking of building it a little bit more aerodynamic than a brick is by using the A frame area as well.

2. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

You may consider making a side kit and using a tarp top if you have stake pockets. You can use conduit pipe to make the top bows out of.

John

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a open trailer now, but have thought about it numerous times that having an enclosed trailer might be more handy. From the many a times I've been in an enclosed trailer (including u-hauls), its nothing more than a frame with sheet metal/fiberglass board on the sides.

Given that I already have stake pockets on the side for 2x4's, would it be out of the question to build one on top of my trailer that could be assembled and disassembled in pieces? Im thinking of building it a little bit more aerodynamic than a brick is by using the A frame area as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and I will be doing the same. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif