Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Would it be wrong of me....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PhoenixZorn, Sep 10, 2005.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Would it be wrong of me to post Technical Service Bulletins, Drawings, and repair instructions for our trucks?? I mean, there are a lot of years to go through to get all the pictures, but at least the engines stayed the same for the most part... I have access to all of these things from work, and they are cut and paste-able, so I can post them if you guys think it would be ok...

Just remember my bosses pay nearly $500 a month to keep that info up to date... not that it will change for the stuff I'm looking for. I can go back to late 70s, early 80s... tell me what you want if you don't think it's wrong of me.

2. BL1TZKRIEG

BL1TZKRIEG 1/2 ton status

good Idea post away :)

3. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Yeah post away! I think that if you have information to help others out in a bind go for it, if it was me I most certainly would.

4. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

definatly

i would like all the info you can send me on a '69 k-5 and also everyting you have on an '80 k-5...i no the 80 is longer but when you have a tall lift kit whats the harm in sliding the rear mounts forward to the correct wheelbase , because u don't need the axle hump in the frame when its lifted tall, every1 says its next to impossible to put 1st gen blazer on 2nd gen frame..i say bull!!! there is not that much difference in the frames ...i mean i put a 79 front crossmember suspionsion arms coils everything...even bolted in,..into a 68 swb c-10 every hole i needed was there the ones for the disk brake lines in front of spindal even the hole in the front v'ed crossmember to bolt up the proportioning valve exactly where it was on the 79...i even used all the 79 brake lines it all bolted into the 68 i measure my frame on my 69 same width same rear springs only difference i see is front springs are shorter on 69 and body mounts are in different spots ...i mean how hard is it to move a body mount...this coming from some1 who has put a maverick body on an early bronco frame....just slide the rear forward fab body mounts and i can use 73-87 lift kits which i can get alot taller than i can for the 1st gen...if you would man send me all you got on 69 and 80 k-5 to the_cartel@sbcglobal.net .....thanks

5. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

ok similar question... i have the ACDelco parts cert. correspondence course books. they're not real technical but it could be used as a noob primer, so far as function of various sytems, and basic automobile knowledge...

anyone think they would be helpful?

i have these books:
    chassis
    spark plugs
    filters
    clutch
    HVAC
    Fuel systems
    ignition
    emissions
    batteries

but i think i'm missing a few, i'll try to get them

6. Guss

Guss Registered Member

have 90 blazer will take all possible info.

7. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I need all info ever written on Blazers. Every mag article, tsb, repair manual.......oh and a unicorn thanks
    lol
    really though you could post pics in the gallery for the most requested stuff that way all could see.

8. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

My software only goes back to the 80s... maybe late 70s... so the 60s requests can't be fulfilled by me... I'm sure there is a member here who works for a classics shop that might have access to that kind of stuff.... Anyway, I'll get to work on the 80 and the 90, and a few in between...