Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Would like to schedule another difficult run here in Colorado! Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by schneggie, Jul 12, 2001.

1. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

Since the run to Blanca didn't go as planned, would anyone be interested in planning another trip to Blanca, 21 Road, Independance Trial, etc? Also thinking about going up to watch that Rock Crawling event in Kremmling for one of the days if anyone whats to meet and go.

2. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Lori sent me an e-mail about going to Travis trail on the 21st. It is down toward Monte Vista. I would like to do this one. She is Larry's wife with that beast of a lwb chevy on 42's. Where is Kremlin anyway and when are the crawling championships?

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

3. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

Saturday the 21st is my laast Saturday that I have to work, at least for a while, so I wouldn't be able to go then. The rockcrawling thing is the following weekend. I had thought about entering into it but I'm worried about my tranny. I was thinking about just taking my car up there for the day. I do not know where Kremmling is at, but will find out.

4. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

Kremmling is just norrth of Vail on Hwy 9

5. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

We've been talking about running Independence on the 21st. We may do it on the 28th instead. Head down afterwork on Fri., run the trail Sat, then go home Sun or Sat, depending on how busy you are. Not sure how well you guys are set up, but its a pretty good trail, makes Blanca look like a dirt road. Real tight.

What is the Travis Trail? Never heard of it.

Not sure why they scheduled the rockcrawling competition on the same weekend as the truck fest at Bandimere (Sunday the 29th). I already have plans to go race the tow vehicle.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

6. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

The 28th would be best for me because of work, this is my last Saturday to work. I guess then I could go to the Rockcrawling thing on Sunday. I have walked the Indepenence about 6 times so I know what it's like. Very very tough.

7. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

I'm still trying to get the 21st off!!!!!!I will know something this weekend!!!!!

8. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Just dont show up Greg they wont fire you "-)). Travis trail is just west of Monte Vista. 4Wd mag had an article about it a few months ago calling it Colorado's newest hard core Challenge/

but I was mistaken

9. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Greg, If you do want to go to the rock crawling I will be there. I'm going there tomorrow with a friend so he can practice. It' really not that bad if your locked. Even if you don't want to try it it should be fun to watch. Registation ends tomorrow. I'm going up Sat. and camping out. If you do want to wheel up here there are a ton of places. I haven't done much of them yet because it's hard to hook up with people up here sometimes and I don't want to wheel alone. If you do come up, let me know or look for my black blazer. We could watch the crawl for a while and wheel for a while too. If you all go to the other trail, have fun. Kremling is north of Silverthorne not Vail. Here is the info. if you need it. I wish I was locked, I could use a $1000. Dave
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://wsphotofews.excite.com/013/Zm/OG/pa/rO63524.jpg>http://wsphotofews.excite.com/013/Zm/OG/pa/rO63524.jpg</A>.
    Today I went to Redcliff with my wife for dinner(out by Holycross) and we made it over Shrine pass in 23 min. (Vail pass to Redcliff). I would have made it faster if we didn't have any touron's in the way. Such fun and good food!

[​IMG]<font color=red>[/b]"Rid'in HigH in my K5"[​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]<font color=blue>[/b]"6" Lift -<font color=purple>38.5's"[​IMG]....

10. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

I'm still planning on going to the Rock Crawling thing but I will take the car and go. Just depends if I can get this Sat(21st) off to goto Independence Trail or if I go on the 28th to Independence. If I go on the 28th then I will probably go to Kremming on the 29th for the Rock Crawling. Trying desperately to get this Sat(21st) off!!! What about this Travi trail? I had three goals this year - Holy Cross (done), Blanca (soon), and Independence (maybe).

11. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

Well I was able to get Saturday off to goto Independence Trial!!! I can't goto Travis Trail bvecause it is to far for this Saturday, normally no big deal but the deal I made for Saturday off I need to try and be back by 6 at the very latest! Also lets get a little bit more organized on this one and get in touch with everyone that is planning on going this Saturday to Independence. I know some want to go down on Friday, I will come do on Saturday morning and will be there by the time we start the run, which we need to decide. I know that Pete was talking about going, Tim wants to go, and Dan wants to go. Anyone else up for this trial? It is a very short trail but very difficult. I'm already expecting on breaking something since all I have is a 44 and a 12 bolt, just from what I've heard and seen of the trail. Hope to hear from you guys soon!!!!!

12. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Greg I am going to Travis and I think that is where Dan is planning to go also.

but I was mistaken

13. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

Well [censored]! I can't go guys, to far for this Saturday. Some how I got the idea that someone was going to Independence but I guess I was wrong, my mistake. Wish I could go with you guys. Have a good run. If there is anyone going to Independence this Saturday please let me know! Otherwise the K5 sits in the garage yet another weekend

14. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

I'm still planning on going, but only have one other rig lined up for sure. If it falls through, I'll probably head out to Monte Vista. I'd really like to do a new trail, but don't feel like driving/towing that far for the 3rd weekend in a row.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs

15. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

come on now Pete. It is hard to present a tough guy image if you whine about the road trip part :-)). There are 7 of us for Travis for sure. Too bad you cant make it Greg. From the pics this is a good one. If some of the maybes show up it could be 10 plus rigs. Hope to see you there.

but I was mistaken

16. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

I understand guys. Trust me no hard feelings here k. What time would you be running the trail and how long is it and what mag was it in?

17. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Meeting 8-830. Dont know about length. It was in march issue of 4 wheel drive. It is a small mag that I happened on in Barnes and Noble one day.

but I was mistaken

18. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Its a Jeep mag. Used to be owned (partially?) by the guy that started Tomkin Machine.

Pete

19. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Kremmling is north of Silverthorn on hwy 9 and us 40

Lost? i'm not lost i'm just disorienated
    AMSOIL Dealer # 529948
    Cethern@interfold.com

20. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

Indepence Trail was awesome!!!! We had a few minor problems, but only one was actually related to doing the trail. Pete and Jed I hope to hook up with you guys again sometime and hopefully we won't have the problems like we did this time. Did you guys make it out ok, I'm assuming so?