Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Would love to hunt pigs in N Cali

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by dubl_t, Nov 15, 2004.

1. dubl_t

dubl_t 1/2 ton status

Anybody here have any suggestions?

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I know alot about hunting pigs but dont know about cali /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. dubl_t

dubl_t 1/2 ton status

dammit, I don't have the time or the $$ to get to Texas. But if I did, I'd be there yesterday.

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

There sure are alot of pigs here, the one place that I go hunting if you sit in one spot from sundown and into the night you WILL get a shot at a pig /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Here is the place that I go to, look under photo gallery, my name is Christopher, or Topher in the pics /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    carta valley wildlife

5. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

There is a book out written by Rob Robb. Yes thats his name. http://www.hafbo.com/body/calhog01.html This is a good book and a great place to start. If you decide to hunt within 2hrs of Fresno give me a ring I will go if I can get away. I have kille 3 sows on my father in laws property. He hasnt been seeing them since he put up a game fence around his property. Wild boar are alot of work to get but alot of fun, and great eating table fare.

6. dubl_t

dubl_t 1/2 ton status

WOW! Thanks, Spooln, that's exactly what I'm talkin about. You know I'll call when I come down. Haven't looked at everything yet, but I'm hopin to be there around late spring.