Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Would mud damage my soft top?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chaka454, Apr 3, 2002.

1. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

I went mudding last weekend and I have not had time to wash my truck yet and the soft top is all full of mud, well actually I dont want to wash it I love that dirty look, but my concern is will the mud damage my soft top in any way? its from best top

2. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

when i had a soft top i used cheap furniture polishbefore and the again once i hosed it off gentily hose it dont blast it.

3. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

It tends to "stain" the top...it's real hard to get the mud off after a while...our Jeep top is like this. I would think if you Armor All-ed it a lot before the mud, you could probably get it off easier afterwards...

4. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

Okay well by now it might be stuck really good on there....... oh well if it does I'll spray pain it to get it black again hehehe, thanks.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If you leave your truck muddy, it will rust very quickly. Your best bet is to get it clean ASAP.

How do I know? My '84 was rust free when I bought it. It had never even had a set of cab corners. Now it needs a driver's side fender, cab corners, rockers, and inner fenders.

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

It could leach it out. It's a good idea to hose it off and get a good conditioner on it especialy true for the windows if you want it to last for a long time.
    Armorall is bad. STP Son of a gun is better. Some stuff I'm really impressed with is 303 protectant. Good stuff and recomended by several soft top manufactures.1800 223 4303 Is a number to figure out who sells it near you. Stuff has a sun screen in it and is particularly good at keep your windows in good shape.

7. chaka454

chaka454 1/2 ton status

Wow I didn't know this I will wash my truck today as soon as I get home and buy some of that protectant, thanks guys.