Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

would my truck run with out a ..... attn pauly 383

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by down4thakrown, Apr 24, 2005.

1. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

gauge cluster? all the wires that go to it have been cut right before the plug for the cluster. i dont plan on useing the stock gauges. goin with the triple gauge set up at the Zone for 32.99. and eventually set up a custom dash. thx

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Yes.

3. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

if you have a factory tbi truck (pre vss in tcase) it has a vss in the speedo and adjusts the tbi to run differently. it will still run and not too much differently, but will efect it.

if no tbi then forget what i said

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

VSS is tied into cruise control as well, if it's the "electric" style cruise control instead of the earlier transducer style. Not sure when they went with electric cruise vs. transducer, but I suspect around 1982.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

might not charge...

If they cut the harness to the printed curcuit board,they might have disabled the "altenator" light--if your tuck has a voltmeter and its still wired up,disregard this--but cutting the altenator idiot light out of the circuit on trucks equipped with idiot lights VS gauges also cuts the 12v source to energize the feilds in the altenator and make it charge,so you'll have to run a new wire to the altenator plug from the key,thats hot only when its in the "on" posistion... :crazy:

7. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i dunno if it had an idiot light, i bought the cab form marv. i think pauly took the gauges? i dont plan on useing factory gauges, i was gonna go with the triple gauge set up for now. would i be able to just run a hot wire straight from the altenator to the batt. thats how i did my 83 k5 when i bypassed the worthless cpu under the dash.that was when it was still a d.d.