Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Would the protesters go for this?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Instead of protesting and getting on TV, how about going to Baghdad, picking up an AK-47 and defend Iraq against the infidels.......... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I think they would quiet up pretty damn quickly if that was the situation. All show and no go, its hip to be radical and stupid... all of the yuppies at the starbucks eat that $hit up.

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

They already went over to try to act as "shields".

They CHICKENED OUT went they realized what they were doing.

Goofballs. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

What I'm waiting for is when it's all said and done and the troops finaly come home are they gonna try and pull some bullsh!t like spiting on the troops and cusing them out! Cause I think that would be grounds for some big time ass whooping.

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I've already served my country. Way back when most of you were nothing more than lil squirts or not even thought of yet. But in answer to Bubba's question, why don't all you Pro War guys and gals go down and sign up? I don't see any of you standing in line to join the service and kick arse. What's holding you people back? And don't give me the "I'm in school" or "I'm married with children" excuses. In this economy the best thing you could do is join the military whether you are married or not.

I would never take up arms against my own country no matter how stupid I think it's acting. And the "Human Shields" can eat duck poop as far as I'm concerned because what they were doing is a War Crime and just plain stupid. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif If I were in the military right now I would blindly do what ever I was told because that is the Military Way. We don't question why, we just do and/or die.

So why are you people trashing those American Citizens who for one reason or another are against this war? The president is NOT supposed to be a dictator. But he's acting like one right now! No matter what the people who elected him want, he will go through with this war. No matter what the rest of the world wants, he will go through with it. Let's not forget that this is supposed to be ONE NATION, UNDER GOD. Not the Republican Nation Under Bush... Liberty and Justice for ALL. Not just for the republicans.

So after reading all I have said I can just see all of you scrambling down to the local recruiters offices in a frenzie to sign up and kick arse... Right? /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif Wrong? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Or are you all just full of hot air?

I'm willing to bet that not one of you Civilians who have never been in the military are willing to die for your country right now. Not one....... Instead you choose to sit on your puter butts and bash the other half of the nation and the world who are against this war. You guys talk a lot of crap but you have nothing to back it up with. Wanna kick my a$$? Come on over here to my place and I'll show ya how we did it in the old days...

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Holy chit Batman, didn't think this would get y'all that wound up....

So I guess I will be the first to start
    [ QUOTE ]
    I've already served my country.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Me too......

[/ QUOTE ]But in answer to Bubba's question, why don't all you Pro War guys and gals go down and sign up? I don't see any of you standing in line to join the service and kick arse. What's holding you people back? And don't give me the "I'm in school" or "I'm married with children" excuses.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Umm, I'd need a couple gallons of 10W-30 to fit my big a** through a Bradley hatch right now. Does that count as an excuse?

[ QUOTE ]
    I would never take up arms against my own country no matter how stupid I think it's acting. And the "Human Shields" can eat duck poop as far as I'm concerned because what they were doing is a War Crime and just plain stupid. If I were in the military right now I would blindly do what ever I was told because that is the Military Way. We don't question why, we just do and/or die.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I did once. Nothing like packing up to head over to that lovely place and having all the officers run around talking about the good training we were gonna get. Saddam backed down that time and I stayed home.

[ QUOTE ]
    So why are you people trashing those American Citizens who for one reason or another are against this war?

[/ QUOTE ]
    And they aren't trashing us? So far, I've heard Mike Farrell twice on Sean Hannity and that's all he does, trash the Pres, trash us that support him.

[ QUOTE ]
    The president is NOT supposed to be a dictator. But he's acting like one right now! No matter what the people who elected him want, he will go through with this war. No matter what the rest of the world wants, he will go through with it. Let's not forget that this is supposed to be ONE NATION, UNDER GOD. Not the Republican Nation Under Bush...

[/ QUOTE ]
    And could you explain this one please? His job is the protect our safety, security and liberty against all enemies, foreign and domestic. A lot of times they don't do it, but we've got a bad guy lined up. The man has bad stuff waiting to be used and has the ability to use it. The man is a terror to his people. Should we wait around til someone bombs a bridge during rush hour or takes down a damn? If the threat is real, it's better to eliminate that threat before it acts. And don't ya think that Bush has a little bit better idea of what's going on in the world than we do?

They say that throughout time, that only about 35% of the people were in support of war at the start of it. Sometimes the President has to do stuff in accordance with his job that people do not want, but that is the system we have.

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm willing to bet that not one of you Civilians who have never been in the military are willing to die for your country right now. Not one....... Instead you choose to sit on your puter butts and bash the other half of the nation and the world who are against this war. You guys talk a lot of crap but you have nothing to back it up with. Wanna kick my a$$? Come on over here to my place and I'll show ya how we did it in the old days...

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

WELL PUT LARRY /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Hey Tori, how goes the recovery?

9. landsmasher

[ QUOTE ]
    And could you explain this one please? His job is the protect our safety, security and liberty against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope... That's not HIS job. HIS job is to reflect and uphold the will of the PEOPLE. But that all changed when congress decided to give him absolute power over the decision of war. Now, not even congress can stop him.

[ QUOTE ]
    Umm, I'd need a couple gallons of 10W-30 to fit my big a** through a Bradley hatch right now. Does that count as an excuse?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep I guess it does and as you stated you have already served. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

So you're better than me because you're older than me and you've gone to war? You chose to join the armed forces and I didn't. You knew what you were getting into. Don't talk down to me because of a decision you made. You sound like a bitter old man...........

I've been working for the same outfit for 15 years. I'm highly trained and highly skilled. Should I throw away 15 years of my life? Who's gonna do my job if I leave? Are you? I don't think so.

[ QUOTE ]
    In this economy the best thing you could do is join the military whether you are married or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to me like it would be BAD for the economy if a load of us qualified folks left our jobs to go fight. And the "married with children" thing IS a really good excuse. Had I joined the armed forces knowing that I could have gone to war and been killed, I personally would have been hesitant to start a family.

I'm assuming you're a vet of the Vietnam War. FYI, that "war" was the most useless waste of money, life, and time that the US has undertaken. I'm amazed that a guy who was actually there is spouting off like this.

[ QUOTE ]
    If I were in the military right now I would blindly do what ever I was told because that is the Military Way. We don't question why, we just do and/or die.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    ! No matter what the people who elected him want, he will go through with this war. No matter what the rest of the world wants, he will go through with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check you out- First of all, you claim that your job as a soldier is to follow orders and not question higher ups. Yet in the same breath you're basically saying that the leader of your country is out of line. Your initial claims of obediance are torpedoed by the latter statement. Your leader has issued his orders and you want to challenge them? What kind of a soldier are you?

Don't get me wrong- I'm glad there are men and women out there who are willing to serve ALL of us and are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice on behalf of freedom. However, insinuating that those of us who choose a different path are less deserving of an opinion or a voice is naive and unfair.

And last but not least, SADDAM AND HIS CRONIES DESERVE TO GET THEIR ASSES KICKED, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. There are men and women who are trained to do so. Let them do their jobs, and let me do mine......

11. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

imop, he wasn't insulting anybody, just giving his opinion on the matter, just like..
    [ QUOTE ]
    You sound like a bitter old man...........

[/ QUOTE ]

this could be takin as an insult as well but this is your opinion.

in reguard to..
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm assuming you're a vet of the Vietnam War. FYI, that "war" was the most useless waste of money, life, and time that the US has undertaken. I'm amazed that a guy who was actually there is spouting off like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

once agin this is your opinion, that war was fought for a reason, it just got out of controll to say the least.

but these are my opinions, so I will /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif before I go to far and step on toes /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

12. Can Can

There's a fine line between stating an opinion and making an educated observation. Take my statement about Vietnam. Anyone who thinks that was a righteous war should do a little research. What reasons warranted the US getting involved in Vietnam? And don't go quoting a bunch of 60s-era anti-communist propaganda. The situation was out of control before the US government stepped in.

BTW, my "bitter old man" statement could very well be considered as insulting. I'm aware of that. But if the shoe fits....... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ANd don't worry about stepping on anybody's toes- I'm always up for a good debate, as long as you can back up your opinion with logic and facts. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. landsmasher

I may be old compared to you but I'm not bitter. All I'm saying is put up or shut up. Ya I blindly followed orders. But we used to have a check and balance system of government so that no one man could make these types of decisions by himself. We lost that check and balance when congress gave him the power to start a war without the consent of congress... What? You don't think the American public should have a say in something like this?

About your job. Anyone can be replaced. Anyone.....

Throwing your life away? Is that what all the people in the armed forces are doing now? Cuz if they are then it just adds credence to my point.

As far as the Vietnam war being a useless waste of money, life and time is concerned I agree with you 100%... But we were "required" to serve our country back then whether we agreed with it or not. At least YOU have the chance to say "I choose not to go to war" [enter list of excuses here]... What do you think? I wanted to go there? Ya man let's go get all blowed up in the jungle... That oughta be fun....

If a load you you "qualified types" left right now to go to war it would be GREAT for my personal economy. It would open up a bunch of jobs and remember what I said. Anyone can be replaced. Also it would open up a lot of possiblilites for dating... All those lonely women running around with hormones just a screamin... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    HIS job is to reflect and uphold the will of the PEOPLE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, the basic idea behind the federal government when is was formed was the protect the people from outside invaders, it was not to be as intrusive as it is today. Now should Bush just sit in the Oval Office and say "Okay, all these people don't want war, so we are gonna sit here and get bombed by these terrorists. And when it does happen and the people start screaming for me to do something, I'm gonn atell them that 'Yup, I know what was happening before it happened, but y'all don't want me to protect you from attack, so have fun!'"

Could you imagine the public outcry if the feds knew about the WTC plot before it happened and actually sent troops over and started hunting terrorists before everything went down? We would be hearing the same thing today.

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm amazed that a guy who was actually there is spouting off like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have ya ever notice that veterans seem to be the most vocal when it comes to issues like this? As for him being bitter, if he is, it's totally understandable for the crap that Vietnam Vets had to go through during that era.

16. landsmasher

No I don't think Bush should just sit there and say OKAY to anything. I just think that this particular "war" should have been left up to the majority instead of a one man vote. That's all I'm whining about. I'm all for our democratic way of life here and if the larger percentage of the populus says let's go get Saddam then I would have to go along with it. That's what makes this country so cool. But one of the affects of the WTC disaster was the changing of the constitution. That should never ever be screwed with. It's why we are here today. It's why we are "free" today. You just can not give that much power to one man. Period.....

17. Can Can

[ QUOTE ]
    If a load you you "qualified types" left right now to go to war it would be GREAT for my personal economy. It would open up a bunch of jobs and remember what I said. Anyone can be replaced

[/ QUOTE ]

You're 100% correct when you say that anyone can be replaced. But can they be replaced by a competent, equally trained individual? In my case, probably not, at least in this part of the country. And what if my whole crew quit? Who's gonna be able to walk in and replace a specialized crew with 60 years of combined experience working with a system of over 2000 kms.(1250 miles) of pipe? So, sorry, your "personal economy" wouldn't benefit from me leaving my job. In fact, your personal safety and the reliability of my system would be at risk. I guarantee it.

[ QUOTE ]
    Throwing your life away? Is that what all the people in the armed forces are doing now? Cuz if they are then it just adds credence to my point

[/ QUOTE ]

PLease don't put words in my mouth. I was not insinuating that choosing a career in the armed forces means you're throwing your life away. I was simply saying that at this point in my life it would be foolish to quit my job and seriously jeopardize my ability to support my family. Does that not sound logical?

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I've already served my country.

[/ QUOTE ]

right on brother, me too.

[ QUOTE ]
    Way back when most of you were nothing more than lil squirts or not even thought of yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not suggesting we should consider this a factor in how we weigh your opinions are you? thats age discrimination my friend.

[ QUOTE ]
    But in answer to Bubba's question, why don't all you Pro War guys and gals go down and sign up? I don't see any of you standing in line to join the service and kick arse.

[/ QUOTE ]

already did, just so happened i wasnt born at the right time otherwise I'd be in Kuwait with my brother Marines right now... ready to give saddam a boot in the butt. Thanks to my kidney problems, the military wont touch me with a 10' pole anymore so "signing up" again isnt an option even if I did want to drop everything i am doing and go to war. More to the point though, from what I understand military recruiting numbers ARE up since 9-11.

[ QUOTE ]
    What's holding you people back? And don't give me the "I'm in school" or "I'm married with children" excuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

War has many fronts. It doesnt matter how strong the military at the front is, if the economy/people at home crumble, the war is lost. Thats what happened to the Germans in WWI. That army was a LONG ways from being militarily defeated... but when the peeps at home threw up their hands (justifyable, they WERE starving to death...) it was over. This makes it clear that EVERYONE can't just sign up and go. My dad is a research chemist and also happens to be (in this case) pro-war. Which is more productive for the war effort... putting him in a trench (hes 55 years old...) in kuwait or keeping him at home doing his job? Clearly the latter.

[ QUOTE ]
    I would never take up arms against my own country no matter how stupid I think it's acting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to disagree with you here... nations can take turns for the worse. Its not going to... but say our government started to become nazi-esque. I'd fight against that kind of regime whether it was based overseas or in the US. Just my opinion. Strict nationalism doesnt take precedence over my own morality.

[ QUOTE ]
    And the "Human Shields" can eat duck poop as far as I'm concerned because what they were doing is a War Crime and just plain stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

we agree here...

[ QUOTE ]
    If I were in the military right now I would blindly do what ever I was told because that is the Military Way. We don't question why, we just do and/or die.

[/ QUOTE ]

again, thats pretty radical. My own sense of morality guides me, not the UCMJ. If, for example, I was ordered to summarily shoot some unarmed prisoners who had surrendered (sorta like the scene in Band of Brothers...) I wouldnt do it. MPs can take me away all they want, I'll take my day in court before I go down the path I consider evil. the left talks about nothing being black and white... "its all grey".. thats fine and dandy, but there are some decisions in ones life where there are only 2 paths, a good one and an evil one.

[ QUOTE ]
    So why are you people trashing those American Citizens who for one reason or another are against this war?

[/ QUOTE ]

people have a right to say whatever they want to say. That does NOT however make what they are saying right or the fact that they are saying it noble. I have not seen a SINGLE good arguement from the radical left as to why saddam shouldnt be removed from power and iraq disarmed. All they can say is "its about oil!", "drop bush not bombs!" and "bush is a murderer!!" All of the above are a complete joke, EASILY proven incorrect etc. I tend to make fun of people that say stupid things... last time i checked, thats MY right to free speech. Isnt it a little bit hypocritical to give someone grief over using their 1st ammendment rights to crit a group whos opinion you just happen to support?

[ QUOTE ]
    The president is NOT supposed to be a dictator. But he's acting like one right now!

[/ QUOTE ]

that is complete bull crap and you KNOW it. If bush was a dictator, the FBI would come to your house the same day that you posted here on ck5 and would arrest you. You and your family would be tortured and/or killed by these secret police as a comspirator. You would be dead... right now. See the difference between bush and a dictator now? Bush has one job really, its to protect the citizens of the united states of america--you and me. Saddam is a threat. If you can demonstrate how 19 guys armed with nothing but plane tickets are a threat, but saddam with his MASSIVE stockpiles of chem/bio weapons and an entire regime to support his evil aims ISNT a threat then by all means, explain away.

[ QUOTE ]
    No matter what the people who elected him want, he will go through with this war.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if u take a poll of the "people that elected him" (ie, the right) you will see that support for the war is well over 80%. Even if you include the leftists in this country, polls generally show a over-50% approval for the war and even better ratings for Bush. The man is the president, thats a LEADERSHIP role. Leadership means you do what you think is right, not what some opinion poll says. people whos actions are based solely on the opinions of the majority are VERY scary. thats how you get things like slavery, nazis, etc. Even if the pres did just watch polls tho... as I said the current ones are still pro-war, so your entire "point" is moot.

[ QUOTE ]
    No matter what the rest of the world wants, he will go through with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

please explain to us all why our nations security is subserviant to the wishes of other countries. Its a big scary world out there, we have to watch out for our own interests. In the end, we have 2 allies in this world... people that when we need help would REALLY come to our aide. Everyone else is just watching their own back, they dont give a flying rip about our security. Its not a dig on them, its human nature, its survival... its also the reason we shouldnt base our defense strategy on what the french think we should do. The french/germans/russians are merely looking out for their economic interests, they want the $ and oil deals from iraq. they dont care if saddam is a butcher... they dont care if he kills millions of his own people or people in neighboring countries... they just want their $. Again, thats not a dig... you just have to understand why france/germany/russia are acting the way they are. Additionally, saying that the entire world is against us on this is a massive and entirely incorrect generalization. About 15 nations in europe support us... 3 don't. Of the three, one is the home of the nazis... one invented the waffle... and the last hasnt won a war in the last thousand years... all of them are socialists. Personally, I'll take the other 15. We have allies in the middle east as well. Some cant say so aloud because of radical elements in their own population... but bahrain, qatar, saudi arabia, kuwait, pakistan, afghanistan, djoubuti (sp, i know) and (of course) israel are on our side to one degree or another. There are other nations in the world who agree with our anti-saddam policy... some dont. It will be like that with every issue. At any rate, the point is you cant just say that the "entire" world is against us. Thats just not true.

[ QUOTE ]
    Let's not forget that this is supposed to be ONE NATION, UNDER GOD. Not the Republican Nation Under Bush... Liberty and Justice for ALL. Not just for the republicans.

[/ QUOTE ]

funny how when dems were in charge and the left ran the house... ran the senate... and had a majority on the supreme court that this kind of "what about the minority party supporter's views!!!???!?!!?" crying never came up. hmmm, wonder why. Like it or not, the PEOPLE have put repubs in charge and bush's approval ratings show that the majority of the people support removing saddam. These polls are widely available. Because this is common knowledge... the only way to interpret your comment is that you're mad that bush isnt doing things the left-ist way..or YOUR way. Well, sorry, thats just the way it works. I had to suck it up when Komrade Klinton was in charge, now its your turn.

[ QUOTE ]
    So after reading all I have said I can just see all of you scrambling down to the local recruiters offices in a frenzie to sign up and kick arse... Right? Wrong? Or are you all just full of hot air?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you even know what your point is? Its painfully obvious that supporting a war and fighting in a war are isolated issues. You could fight in a war and be a non-supporter of it... you could be at home and be a supporter. this is obvious, so just what are you trying to say? And why, if I may ask, is it "hot air" when a pro-war person speaks their mind on a war but its somehow so much more noble when a peace-at-any-price type speaks out. Serious double standards here. of course, the left and the double standards are brothers in arms.

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm willing to bet that not one of you Civilians who have never been in the military are willing to die for your country right now. Not one.......

[/ QUOTE ]

another massive generalization that is EASILY proven false. I joined up and was ready to go... but say when i was 16 I got in an accident and was blinded in one eye. Im still the same person, still ready to go, ready to protect my country... but i wouldnt be elligible to do that. Lots of people literally cant do it for lots of different reasons... that doesnt make them less of a person, their opinions less valid, or their sense of patriotism any less strong. I wonder if you even think before you type...

[ QUOTE ]
    Instead you choose to sit on your puter butts and bash the other half of the nation and the world who are against this war.

[/ QUOTE ]

hello Captain Double Standard! You are criticising people for using their freedom of speech. Ok, so SOME of these peeps may not be ready to join the military... but then again NONE of the people on the other side are willing to do that so... again, whats your point?

[ QUOTE ]
    You guys talk a lot of crap but you have nothing to back it up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

So let me get this straight... if you criticising the right for not being willing to fight for what they believe in. WOW. Isnt it your brother leftists who say "peace at ANY price"? It would seem it was the left whos not willing to fight for what they believe in. Make up your mind... is it wrong to fight for what you believe in or not? Additionally, is it ok to voice your opinion or not? Good gawd man, get some consistancy in your arguement.

[ QUOTE ]
    Wanna kick my a$$? Come on over here to my place and I'll show ya how we did it in the old days...

[/ QUOTE ]

not especially, you may be a supporter of our enemies, but you do so unknowingly so... i guess that makes you sorta ok.

j

19. johnnieg

johnnieg 1/2 ton status

At my school a bunch of stupid freshman that have no idea what is going on made signs and protested what their parents told them. One had a Mercedes peace sign and another had one that said "WAR IS POOPY" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif We instantly became the laughing stock of the city when it made the front page of the Metro section. <protesters>>>/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif=-

20. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Well said!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif