Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Would these headers fit?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChevyCaGal, Mar 27, 2002.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Ok.... I found some headers, they are Doug Thorleys... they are the Tri-Y design. The owner says they are for a Chevy mini motor home or all "G" vans with auto trannys, 70-87. They are new, the guy ran them for a few weeks he said before the van he had them on crapped out so he stripped off the good parts. They are CARB legal for CA.... he said they fit an engine from a 283-400. So my question is if I bought these suckers would they fit my Blazer? I already have headers but I like these. They are nice, polished 14 guage steel. I figure I would get them and wrap them up really well and store them away then I can use them when I need them. My engine is a 350 w/an auto tranny so I assume they could be made to fit? I called Doug Thorley and they were less then helpful and said ah well ah.... we honestly don't know.... so any ideas or thoughts I should check for to see what would make them not fit? Like differences between my Blazer, a van and a mini motor home? Thanks.....

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

If the van was 2wd they wont fit. They should fit if the van was 4wd. Check with Heddman Headers to see what fits what, much better company to deal with.

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I already have Edelbrock TES headers on now that I got not that long ago.... this guy said $100 and I can have em and they are like $375 new and these are perfect condition wise. I'll check to see if the van he had them on was 4wd (BTW Hedman strung me along for 2 months saying they'd get me my shortie headers why I went Edelbrock so I am not too high on them!)......... thanks..........

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I think they'll fit. 4x4 headers fit on a 2wd...a van should be the same.