Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

would this grill fit you think?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bryguy00b, Apr 11, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Not if it's for an '80.

You can get stock replacement grilles for like $20 brand new from companies like certi-fit (sp?).

Can't understand the point of the aftermarket grilles if you can't show off the bowtie. (or GMC) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i just think they look cool...but the strange thing is they are pretty hard ot come by! for an 81-87 truck...and if you do find one they are like over 100 bucks...thats crazy...

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

some reason all the ones I see rust pretty well.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i have an aftermarket grille that looks like that one, check my webshots, prolly a pic of it in there. I got mine from JC Whitney, but miraculously it hasnt really rusted at all. The only problem with the thing is that instead of beind made specifically to fit certain verhicles, it has these little brackets that allow the same grille to mount to lots of rigs. Sounds great... to bad they are a crappy design, and my grille has never really sat perfectly level / even. Pretty annoying. I could easily fix it once my welder is running....

j

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Thats the grill I use to have. Paid I thin 59-69$'s JC whitney like7 years go. I just took it out of the truck because its rusting pretty bad (not on the front, but on the top and back of the bars). I'm going to sand blast it and paint it black for the project truck. All the pics on my site I have that grill in. I haven't added any pics since I put the new billet grill in. The new billet grill fits, the other was never level even after some creative spacers.
    Old grill -JCWhiteny grill
    New billet grill -fit perfect (from LMC)

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i hear ya. i am pondering cutting some of the tubes on the outside portion of my grill to allow for large off-road lights to be mounted behind it. Might look purdy sexy. Who knows, at some point i might go back to a stock one, just because they are lighter. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

8. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I threw my stock grill in the dumpster. It was dry, cracked and ugly. Now I have a 1990 Jimmy grill. Ahhh..much better.

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

mine is ugly its got a big chunk missing from it...i wanted a cheapo billet gril to put oin it...but there is no such thing i see lol. so i think im going to put the 89-91 grill in...they look sweet! might be a progect for this summer. along with the body work and rhino lining.