Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Would this look alright?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by balzackks84, Jul 1, 2005.

1. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was sitting here staring at one of my pics, and thinking about how my front tires stuff so hard into the core/back side of my grill, and front of my fender. Then I had a though (ouch). Do you think it would look alright. If I did do this I'd lose the 1" body lift. And replace the low beam with a conversion H4 bulb.

[​IMG]

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, I think it'd be better to just tube out the front than cut the factory stuff as indicated. Just my opinion. How about narrowing the front?

j

3. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ive thought about narrowing but I don't have enough confidence that I will make it look halfway decent. That and even With narowing the tire will probably still make contact unless the fenders are cut close to the horozontal line.

Keep in mind that is with the wheel turned and about another inch of up travel.
    [​IMG]

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

As for how it'd look, looks fine to me. :) But I think you'll lose your stock wheel wells going up that high on the top of the well. Most guys rigs I've seen have the front and rear of the well cut, not so much along the top of the well, and don't seem to have a problem with the tires. Of course you could always fab something as a replacement and cut away... :cool1:

5. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Why go up so high on the fender?? Just do something like this....[​IMG]

6. Geargrinder

Geargrinder 1/2 ton status

I think it would look great! Kinda Hummerish ( I think I just made a new word :p: ) But U will still hit the rad. U might look into re-locating it and/or geting a diferent style so it will clear.