Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Would this setup work on a stock TBI??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by y5mgisi, Sep 13, 2003.

1. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

I have a 90 suburban with a 350 thats about dead. When i rebuild it, I want to put vortec heads on and a 260h cam in it. Will the stock computer handel it? and also is there an intake for TBI and vortec combo?? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nope you will need a custom chip or it won't run right, and yes edelbrock makes a tbi/vortec performer intake.

-------------------
    85K5 3/4ton,14boltFF,10bolt,9"lift,35"boggers,16.5x14welds, big horse 406SBC/700R4 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

And yes it is expensive. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Which part wont it handle, The heads or the cam? Any one know about howmuch the intake would cost? what about the new chip? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

5. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

That cam is going to be too big, even if you chip it. TBI motors need LOTS of vacuum or they get fussy. The GMPP vortec-TBI manifold is around $300. You can use a standard intake with a 4BBL- TBI adapter and save money, but if you eliminate the EGR some chip mods are going to be needed to keep your SES light from coming on. Pro-Topline makes some budget heads that outflow the Vortecs, and that have standard intake faces to make the swap easier.

6. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Sweet. Thanks for the replys. So how gib of a cam can i go with out having to change anything? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif