Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

would u ever do this?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82K5_6.5L, Feb 7, 2003.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

i am interested in maybe rhino lining the interior of my blazer, im thinkin of doing the whole inside or just from the back seats to the tailgate..would anybody ever do this? and if so are there any pros'/con's?? i know it cost a little bit of money like 400 or so, but i think it would be worth it?

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Uhhh....you may want to try a search....or at the very least read some recent posts about this. Lots of us here have herculiner (basically do-it-yourself rhino lining for less $$$) on both the inside and outside of our trucks.

Case in point: read this.

3. swamp ratt

swamp ratt Registered Member

Dupicolor make a spray in bedliner kit it will cost about
    250$ the gun is 49.99 the material is 45.00 a gallon
    at most autopart stores. it sprays about a 1/4 inch thick
    for the first coat.

4. burban33

burban33 Registered Member

I have the interior of my suburban sprayed and I love it. It is only the floor pans but it is from the firewall to the rear doors. I know the guy at Rhino Linings here and he really hooked me up on the price. I want to do it again and do better prep work and essentially dismantle the interior and get the whole inside cab sprayed but that is way later on down the road.
    I absolutly love the Rhino Lining on the inside of my truck

5. 74beater

74beater 1/2 ton status

ME AND A BUDDY ARE PLANNING TO BTOH BLAZERS...
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY SAWZALL /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

use duplicolor bedliner cost about 60bucks for the gallon of bedliner and a brush and roller... i needed 2 gallons to do the front and back. i bedlined the front and back... heres a picture...

[​IMG]

7. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

Mine is Custom Lined inside and out, I left carpet up front for luxury. From where it steps up in back to the gate is Lined. It is awesome for cargo and EZ cleanup when you have the top off and leaves or mud or anything gets flinged up in there. Would be a little more than 400 to do the entire interior and I would leave some carpet because road noise and weather insulation is minimal with Spray on liners. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Dave Cowley

8. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

me and my buddy also did this to our rigs (bronco and blazer) You have to put it on thick, i used the roller and i wish i out like 3-4 coats on, but i wanted to go wheeling so i just left one coat on there, and figured id do the rest when i got home, My Hi-lift bouncing around in the back of my truck did a number on the Duplicolor, but all i need to fix it is put more on........

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i did my bed in Herculiner cost about $200 and it am very happy with the results.

$400 for the entire tub? you must have a firend or something at that shop cuz alot of us are quoted $600 or more for the whole tub.

10. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I havent seen a Herculinered truck but I do not think it is the same as a spray in bedliner.
    with a spray in just be certain you are finished your mods before you spray.
    IMO it was one of the best things I did to the cab.

11. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

1) SEARCH
    2) Profile
    3) I had mine done w/ Rhino in '98, for about $500. If you do this do the "cab" area as well as the "bed". In fact the cab area is more important because all the water will collect there. You can throw the carpet back over it once its cured if you want carpet up front. I had intended to put mine back in but never had a need to. The Hurculiner seems to hold up almost as well as the spray-ins, but alot of people have had problems w/ the Duplicolor.

12. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I plan on doing something like Rino but I'm going to go with Durabak. Unlike the other DYI stuff you can get this stuff in colors [​IMG]
    Something else to think about.

Eric

13. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i am a line-X guy myself. i know the dealer out here and he is going to do my blazer inside and out for 500. if he were to charge me normal it would be about 900. so i am getting a small deal.

i already have a few cross members done and the tranny hump. once the truck is back on the road and the roll cage is in then i will take it down there.

Grant

14. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I herculined mine. 150.00 and 1 day of my time.
    [​IMG]