Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Would ya?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by baldamish, Apr 14, 2006.

1. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

I found a military spec blazer, guy wants $300 for it. He says he "ended up cripple" and cannot work on it anymore (by the way those are his words). Says it didn't run when he get it and he got cripple (??) the next week. He says that everything seems to be there and really didn't give me much to go on. I kinda figure after i have it towed here and drop the $300 on the truck, it's still worth it (even if the motor doesn't run). I figure i'd get good solid axles out of it, tranny, t-case, drive shafts, and some random assorted goodies for the '75. And at that point, keep in mind that whatever i don't pilfage would be up for grabs. So what do you ya'll think? Correct me if i'm wrong but those were 1 tons, correct??

2. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

No, the blazers were still 1/2 tons. The pickups were 1-tons. Not much info to go on, but, hell, you can probably get $300 back parting it out unless it's a complete basket case.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

He is right - 10 bolts and a gov bomb in the back. Pass unless you just ant a project.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I might...

If I had 300 bucks to blow on a military K5,I"d probably at least LOOK at it..it might have low milage and a rust free body..I've seen quite a few sell around here at government auction that spent their entire lives on a military base,and were never titled!..many had less than 20,000 miles on them..and had nice sheet metal,they were not rusted at all hardly, compared to any street driven K5 of the same year...

I saw a lot of them that came from Otis AFB and a few other bases not far from here that were in excellent shape..but they sold for at least 1800 bucks!..they don't sell them cheap here...but if you could get one for 300,with a diesel in it,I'd say it might be worth it..the motor is worth that if it'll run..:crazy: