Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Would you buy one of these?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LKJR, Sep 27, 2001.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Had an idea earlier driving home, thinking about publishing a cd with all the refrences I can find about 67-72 chevy trucks, blazers, & suburbans. Guessing I would charge like $30 for it. Lots of advantages to it, It won't decay, rats won't eat it, takes up a lot less room, need something in the shop just print it off and it won't matter if it gets all greasy and tornup. I'd most likely include the following
    Service Manual
    Assembly Manual
    Any Bullitens I can get ahold of
    Links to useful sites on the net such as this one
    Picture gallery
    and whatever else I could think of

I haven't checked into copyright issues yet so that may be a major road block and the price may be a little higher, but I figure 30 is about right, that's about all I'd want to pay.
    So what do you think?

Like em big and topless
    Excuse me...Would you mind removing your import from under my chevy?

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

can you add
    np205 service manual
    sm465 service manual
    th350 service manual
    14ff service manual
    gm12 service manual

there is always a black market...

anonymous :-)

offroad baja!!!
    1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis</a>

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

good idea haven't thought of that, thanks

Like em big and topless
    Excuse me...Would you mind removing your import from under my chevy?

4. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

The factory "Unit Overhaul Manual" or whatever it is called will have steering gear and other mechanical unit rebuild procedures and diagrams as well.

5. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

6. ErikH

ErikH 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I'd buy one! But I do like the idea of including the xfer case, tranny, and diff manuals... I'd even pay more for 'em.

7. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I know there are already a lot of manuals like that for many passenger cards on CD-ROM. The biggest problem I can see with those is that they are platform-dependent. If you do this, I'd suggest putting it all into PDF format so anyone can use it, rather than limiting it to one platform. I'd be diggin' in it if this were the way it'd be.

8. 70K5BLZR

70K5BLZR Registered Member

SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA!CAN'T INCLUDE ENOUGH MATERIAL. ASK FOR HELP ON FORUMS LIKE THIS, NETWORKING, THAT'S CALLED. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SEE ISSUES ON ALL KINDS OF UPGRADES, ACCESORIES,CONVERSIONS,ETC. EVEN SOME MORE UNUSUAL ONES LIKE COIL SUSPENSION CONVERSIONS. GOOD LUCK, IF I HAVE SOMETHING INTERESTING I'LL FORWARD IT! COULD YOU START UP A HOMEPAGE?BARTCAROLUS37@HOTMAIL.COM

9. blazerman

blazerman Registered Member

I agree with steve, make in PDF format, and I would definitly be interested. Include as much info as will possibly fit on that disk, and I think you've got a winner!

72 K5 - 33's on stock susp. and lots of rust! But at least it's payed for!!!

10. Dave_S

Dave_S Registered Member

The internet is a wonderful place. It allows for the transfer of information and provides the ability for niche markets to be displayed to all who are interested. Unfortunately, copyright rules still aply.

Basically, If you were to do this... you would get some heat. Especially if you were to sell it. Make sure you get permission to put these items on a CD prior to doing it. As handy as it might be... I'd hate to see someone get in trouble for it.

Dave